Chapter 4. Welcome Back

I stayed in the hospital for about two or so months. I was fine in about a month but they wanted to keep me to see if anything else was wrong with me. Apparently the car hit me pretty hard and my hip was bruised.

Almost everyone from school came to see how I was and to give me more gifts. My parents would leave their gifts there for a week before bringing it home. I have no idea where they put it, but I think most likely the trash can. My parents aren't really like those who keep stuff after a while.

Will came to the hospital everyday after school. It was so sweet to see how much my best friend cared about me. He use to bring stuff each time until I forced him to stop cause he needed the money for college. That was the reason why he got his job in the first place. He'd bring in my homework and went over the lessons from that day because he is a genius. A very hot genius that is my best friend.

Most girls fail a class so they can get the teacher to make Will their tutor. It's pretty pitiful if you ask me. The teachers usually don't do that cause 1) Will asked them not to and 2) Everyone knows they'll probably get worse from being distracted. They need Jesus. I swear.

Regardless of the horrible hospital food I had to eat time to time, looking at about the same thing all the time, and getting hit on by some trainees, I had a pretty fun time. I have actually become quite famous with the staff and became friends with some. I was especially close with Lydia. She was my constant nurse and usually spent her breaks hanging out with me and eating.

After about half a month there, they let me out of the room and go around the hospital as long as I had a nurse pushing a wheel chair for me which was a pain. When I got to my destination like the kid's center, they would let me walk around a play with some of the kids for a while. Those kids were the cutest thing ever.

On the final week of me being there, I never had the same nurse and/or doctor. Each time they first came in and left, they would give me a hug or put a hand on my shoulder with a slight squeeze. Friday afternoon was my last time there. Lydia stayed there the whole day with me instead of switching out with the other nurses.

I was happy and excited to leave the hospital, but quite sad to leave my staff friends. When it was time to leave, they let me get changed while my parents, Will, and Lydia cleaned up a bit. When everyone was done, we walked out all together. Lydia and I had a long and tearful goodbye. I promised I would visit the hospital whenever I can and I'd come for my community service.

Lots of the nurses stood at the door and waved bye to us as we left the parking lot. I sighed and sat back in my seat.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'll miss them though."

"Yeah... Me too," he smiled at me and took my hand.

When we arrived at my house, I slowly got out and tried to help carry some things. They though it would be best if I don't carry anything. Dad unlocked the door and it was pitch black regardless it only being about 2 in the afternoon. I reached for the lights to be greeted by smiling faces everywhere.

"SURPRISE! WELCOME HOME CASEY!" they all yelled in unison. Some didn't even say that. They just screamed and flailed their arms wildly. I jumped back in surprise to get engulfed by hugs from everyone in every direction.

"Come on guys! Back up back up! We gotta let her breath! She just got back from the hospital! We don't want her to go back there!" Some guy I didn't know his name said creating a bubble with everyone about 3 feet away. "I'm Kendall by the way." He stuck his hand out and I firmly shook it. That's kinda weird, but oh well. I had to kind of wrench my arm away, but did in the most inconspicuous way possible. I stepped back and scanned my eyes around the room, hoping to see someone I absolutely know and talk to.

"Thanks so much you guys! You really didn't have to do this! Knowing you care for me is good enough for me. Again, thank you for visiting me in the hospital and coming to attend this party! Now, go ahead and enjoy! Don't let me stop you!" They cheered and scurried around the room.

"Thanks mum. Thanks dad. You didn't have to have this party and all that, but I still wanna thank you guys. I love you!"

"It's okay sweetie. Everyone here helped and payed for something. With food or decorations or other supplies."

"Wow. Everyone is going to be broke because of me." I buried my face in my hands and Will put his arm around my shoulders.

"Nah. Everyone will be okay. Everyone barely payed anything. With everyone here, paying was a snap."

I laughed and went to go talk to some people I usually don't talk to because they came even though they weren't close friends of mine.

They seemed thrilled and quite shy, which I find quite adorable.

The party was quite magnificent and I had a great time (although I found it a bit awkward when people wanted to give me a handshake, which was pretty frequent). The whole time, I felt like someone or several people were watching me but then again, I was kind of the center of attention and we were at a party so I didn't pay much mine to it. I couldn't find anyone looking at me anyways.

Around 11 that night, everyone started to leave because my parents started to feel tired. Wouldn't blame them though. I feel equally as exhausted.

Will stayed over to help clean up and slept over since it was already 12 when we finished. He went into my room and grabbed a change of clothes. He stayed over so often he just kept extras of everything he usually uses here at my house.

"Hey Casey?" I hummed a "hm" in response. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling quite okay now that I'm back home. Thanks for asking." I looked at him and smiled before I put my hair up and started to put on my acne medicine.

"Hey Casey?" I looked at him through the mirror and saw him looking at one of the pictures of us I had in a picture frame next to my bed. "This may not be the best time.... but since we've been best friends since we were practically born and we tell each other everything, I think I should tell you this." I turned around to give him my full attention.

"I love you Casey." I smiled at him.

"I love you too Will." He looked up at me in surprise and happiness. "You've been the bestest friend I've ever had and I'm so thankful that you're here for me. You're literally the only I can fully trust and I'm so glad you're my friend." His facial reaction morphed into a sad smile with every word I said.

He cleared his throat and scratched his head. "Uhm... I think I might go and sleep on the couch tonight..." He grabbed a pillow and a blanket and walked downstairs leaving me without another word.

What just happened? I was complimenting him, wasn't I? I didn't think I said anything offensive, did I?

I knew I shouldn't go after him. I would check on him tomorrow because I know he would have calmed down by then. I frowned and continued to put on my acne medicine. I soon went to bed but I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed thinking until I fell into a troublesome sleep.

~****~

A/N: Holy! When did I update this? October? Are you serious? Whoops. Sorry ((:

Well this is crap and it won't make up for anything but yeah.

This is dedicated to the lovely cutiesreserved cause she motivated me to finish writing this up. Thank you! (: You're amazing