A Mini War and Calming Tea

Harry and Draco woke up the next morning on time, got showered and dressed, and headed down to breakfast. When they got there, Hermione and Ron were already there.

"Hey guys!" Harry and Draco waved happily as he sat down. Hermione just said a meek 'hello' without ungluing her eyes from her book, and Ron stayed stuck to his food.

"Well don't get too excited on us now, you'll give us a heart attack." Harry faked scolded while sitting down.

"How about we hang out after classes outside?" Harry suggested to them all.

"Sure mate." Ron said with food in his mouth. Hermione shook her head.

"Sorry, can't, I need to study more. And Ron still needs to complete his assignments." She excused, still reading her book. Harry was a bit disappointed.

"Honey, can you pass the jam, please?" Draco asked boredly. Harry handed him the jam.

Harry sat in relative silence as everyone was doing their own things. Draco wasn't very social in the mornings, Hermione is always studying, and Ron was too busy scarfing down his food. After 5 minutes of awkward silence, well awkward for Harry, he stood up and left the table without saying goodbye. Everyone looked up as Harry walked off.

"Is it just me, or is something off about him?" Ron asked.

"Of course Ron. He always talks to us during breakfast, and he always says goodbye. He didn't do any of those things today." Hermione said. She had finally peeled her eyes away from the book.

"I think its our faults." Draco said. Hermione and Ron looked at him puzzled.

"What do you mean? How can it be our faults?" Hermione asked. She pouted a little at the idea that it was her fault.

"Well, he knows that I'm am not the most sociable person in the morning, so he usually talks to you guys." Draco first looked at Hermione. "You always have a book in your face, and you blow us off on hanging out to study, and you-" Draco looked at Ron. "Are too busy eating food to talk to him in the morning." Draco pointed out.

"Its really hard to try to socialize when no one wants to talk. Plus, he might think we don't want to talk to him." Draco added. Hermione and Ron thought for a moment.

"Your right." Ron said looking down. "Me and him are best mates, but we don't hang out as much anymore." Hermione placed her book away.

"Your right, I'm always studying, and I blow you guys off a lot." Hermione said sadly.

Draco thought for a moment. "How about we make promises for the whole year? I will promise to at least make an effort to socialize at breakfast, Hermione will promise to do her best at making time to hang out with us, and Ron will eat with manners, and socialize during breakfast." Draco concluded.

Hermione nodded her head, but Ron looked puzzled.

"What does manners have to do with any of this?" He asked. Hermione beat Draco to an answer.

"Because it would do us all a favor if we saw you with table manners." Hermione giggled. Draco laughed too.

"Fine, I'll do it." Ron grumbled a little. Everyone shook hands.

"From this day on, we must all make time to hang out, use table manners, and socialize at breakfast." Draco said happily.

They each got up an walked to class. Since it was Tuesday, they had Harry as their first period with the Slytherins.

They got there just in time. Harry closed the door, and Fawkes sat on her perch watching over the entire class.