"And she couldn't come down here to tell me that? She had to send her husband?" The word rolls off his tongue as if it were poison.

"She doesn't know I'm here." I jump to her defense. "She's really upset about it, she thinks you like hate her or something."

I see a change in his expression now. He looks sad and almost a little guilty.

"I don't hate her." He says quietly.

"Well could you call her and tell her that because she doesn't believe me and you've been MIA for like a week." I say, getting frustrated with him. He's hard headed, just like his brother.

"So what if I do?" He asks, shrugging. "You still hate me, you're never going to trust me with her again. I've got Bo now, it's better for me to stay out of it."

"I don't hate you, I hate what you did." I tell him.

"What I did?" He asks in shock. "What is it that you think I did?"

"Come on Maverick." I roll my eyes. "She told me everything from that night. I think she was upset and sad and you saw your chance and took it."

"Well then I guess she left out the part where she showed up at my door and just started making out with me." He fires back. "I didn't expect to sleep with her."

"But you did anyway." I feel all the old feelings creeping up behind my eyes.

"You were broken up!" He shouts, and then immediately lowers his voice. "You were gone, she couldn't wait forever. It's not my fault you were a day late." His face gets red with rage. "I mean god dammit, she married you didn't she? She's having your kid, she goes home with you every night. How is there any part of you that still thinks she wants me?"

A silence falls between us and I have no idea what to say. We look at each other for a couple more seconds and then he huffs out an angry breath.

"When she told me she was pregnant, I wanted to make everything right." He tells me. "But that's never going to happen, you say you're here for her but you're not. You're saying all these things about how she's upset and you want me to talk to her but you don't." He shakes his head. "What happened to you? When we were kids you always said exactly what was on your mind."

"I fucking grew up." I snarl at him. "I fell in love, and now she's my only priority. So if she's upset and you're the only one who can pick up the fucking phone and make her feel better then I want you to do it."

"I want you to leave." He tells me and for some reason I feel myself get sad. "Everyone out!" He yells. "We're closing early!" He turns back to me. "Just get out of here."

"Will you talk to her?" I ask him.

"I'll think about it Marshall. Jesus, can you please leave me alone?"

He doesn't wait for any type of response from me he just turns his back and walks to the office. I hear the door slam as I make my way out of the gym. I can't tell if this was productive or not. It could have gone better but it could have gone a lot worse. I hope he calls her, I just want her to be happy again.

***

~Rachel's P.O.V.~
He walks in only a little while after I do. I tell him to come upstairs, I'm just getting a couple things to bring to his place. I hear his footsteps ascending the steps and then I see his tall figure duck slightly under the door frame and into my bedroom. I walk over to him and plant a kiss on his lips.