CHAPTER XVII

CHAPTER XVII

ASHER'S P.O.V

"I need to leave right now."

Nathan yelled loudly clenching his fist glaring at Gram.

"You can't leave, not before I say so." She said coolly like it didn't affect her.

"Why can't you understand? I like her and she is not what you think she is." He yelled again.

"Don't raise your voice young man." Gram glared at him.

Nathan was frustrated.

"I'm leaving, mum." He told mom but mom looked uncomfortable too. Even she didn't like what Gram said to Brooke and Allie but being a good daughter-in-law she didn't say a word.

"Nate...." Before mum could say anything Gram cut her off,
"It's your entire fault, Ginny. The boys are going out of hands."

We both looked at her with a sharp gaze.

"Boys, Don't." dad said and I let out a frustrated groan.

"Dad, you know whatever Gram said was bullshit. Being orphan is not their mistake."

"I know, son but..."

"Oh really Troy? You are taking those girls' side? You know how their mind works."

"Mom, it's not what you think. You are totally wrong and basically there is nothing wrong being an orphan, Ginny had no family either." He explained and we looked at mom. She swallowed a lump.

"Yeah and that turned out to be your mistake." Gram answered.

My hands clenched and we went to mum.

"That's enough, mother." Dad roared. We took mum to her room while dad dealt with her.

"Why is she being such a bitch?" Nathan mumbled but we heard.

"Don't Nathan." Mum scolded us. We reached her room and locked the door not wanting to hear the commotion.

"Are you okay, Mum?" we asked simultaneously. She let out a small laugh and nodded.

"They are hurt, mum." Nate said as he knelt down and put his head in her lap.

"I can understand, baby. You both need to talk to them." She ran her hands through our hair.

We stayed there for sometime but I got up wanting to check on dad. I hated my grandmother more than anything.

"I'll be back."

I came downstairs.

"You know how they are protective of her after that accident." Dad said but my bitchy Gram just snorted.

So much for being a grandmother.

"Well, that accident was your fault only." She sneered and I lost my cool as I went ahead,

"What the fuck are you talking about? Just stop your bullshit and leave." I said and she gaped at me.

"Asher? You're talking to me."

"I don't care. You can't just come here and insult my parents and my friends."

"Oh, so you have a soft spot for that girl too? The one who has no filter for her mouth."

"Yeah, she is my friend." My jaw clenched.

"Let's go Ash." Nathan came downstairs. He didn't even spare a glance at anyone and took car keys.

"Where....."

"Don't and if you are done just leave." Dad said which caused a smirk on both of our faces.