Chapter 1: Observation

(Harry's POV)

Hermione, Ron and I hurried out of the dungeons, the cold air breeze flushing our hair out of our face, wanting nothing more to get out of Snapes presence.I said that I couldn't wait to play a game of chess with Ron, when Ron changed the subject to something amusing "Umbridge is such a toad-like snitch." I smirked agreeing silently, when Draco said in a mocking voice behind us "Oh, yeah cause Ron knows all about quidditch" he said sarcastically. As we all whipped around to look at him I saw Rons cheeks turning crimson, Draco looked to Hermione then blinked "What are you looking at, mudblood?" I took a step foward to Malfoy, but Hermione was one step ahead of Ron and I. She stepped foward and pushed him, Draco tensed up and without realizing it pushed her off- a little to hard. Hermione fell back on the ground. I looked back at him to say something but closed my mouth, for it to open a bit more in shock, as I noticed on his face that something the others didn't, guilt. Ron's mouth fell open and Hermione stared in shock as Malfoy offered her hand to her to help her up. She closed her mouth and took his hand suspiciously. My eyes widened and my mouth felt like it had stretched 10 metres, when I noticed it, the small little abnormal detail. Draco's eyes lingered on Hermiones lips for half a second before looking at Ron, then to myself then back at Hermione then to return to his sneer "Sorry Granger, not that hard to mistake you for a guy." He quickly hurried out towards his commonroom, while us, ours. Ron talked about how weird that was for Malfoy while Hermione stayed silent having her nose in a book and I stayed silent, thinking about how he looked at Hermione- how guilty he looked when she fell, and that he actually didn't care that he touched- in his words a 'mudblood' and the last astounding bit, when he looked at her lips then to make a snidy comment and rush off. I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I am wrong. I know I'm not wrong.