epliogue 1/2

Louis lays down his interior design magazine and lets out a loud, long breath. He hates being home alone. Harry texted him saying he'd be late coming home from the office— again. Harry's been working so much recently at his job, often leaving Louis alone hours at a time in their apartment the two have been sharing for almost 3 years now.

Of course Harry would try to make up for his absences. Bringing home flowers, sending easy recipes Louis could cook himself for dinner (Louis wouldn't even bother trying to cook them and normally just order in) and even giving Louis some surprises in bed. They were all lovely and thoughtful—it was one of the reasons why he loved Harry so much. But nothing can replace having him home to hold and kiss. Especially now.

Louis had been figure skating all his life, ever since he could remember. And the past 5 years it's been his whole life, his career. Louis feels so guilty every time Harry takes on extra hours at work because he knows it's to cover what Louis can't. Soon Louis will know if he can actually make it somewhere with the job he loves so dearly. He's been waiting for weeks and any day now he will receive a life changing letter. The letter will tell Louis if he will represent the U.K on the skating team in the next Winter Olympics.

Somehow he found the amazing opportunity to compete in the Olympic trials so, after some encouragement and talk with his coach, he jumped on the idea. Since the last trial Louis has jumped for the mail every time the post comes through the slot on their door. The application process was one the hardest things Louis' ever done. Hours of perfecting a routine to show judges, sending in medical history, videos of previous routines he's done at past events, and sending in more medical history. It made Louis exhausted and stressed just thinking about it. And to top it all off Louis was trying to keep it all a secret from Harry. He didn't want to tell his boyfriend about the trials until he knew for sure he had made the cut because if he hadn't it would gut him. Louis wouldn't want to get Harry's hopes up in the fact that they could have more finical security and money they could actually spend. This is Louis' one chance to make his passion of figure skating into something of actual worth and he gave it everything he had.

Louis settled into the couch he got from his mum and turned on his tv, determined to eat his dinner (chicken flavored roman) and stay up until his beautiful, hard working boyfriend came home so he could guide Harry to their bed, pulling on his black tie like it was a leash. But unfortunately, Louis fell asleep on the couch after an episode of his favorite trashy reality show. Harry came home a few hours later and was greeted with the sound of soft snores coming from his boyfriend. His hair was disheveled and lips slighted parted; it made Harry melt every time. Gently, he picked up Louis and carried him to bed where he tucked him in and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight baby."

The smell of sizzling bacon eventually woke Louis up on an average rainy Saturday morning. He smiled to himself softly before getting out of bed and pattering his little feet into the kitchen to kiss Harry good morning.

Harry was wearing his "kiss the cook" apron Louis had bought him last Christmas with nothing else on besides a pair of green boxer briefs. He approaches him from behind and wraps his arms around Harry, engulfing him in a hug.

Harry chuckles at Louis' smallness and turns the knob on the stove before turning around to give his boyfriend a proper hug.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Morning," Louis says rubbing his still puffy eyes from a good nights sleep. He makes two cups of tea while Harry fills their plates with breakfast favorites. They did this almost every Saturday, the two of them, some music from Louis' consigned record player playing softly, and sorting through mail and magazines while chatting. Louis loved Saturday mornings.

As Louis poured a glass of OJ he simultaneously took a bite of toast while Harry turned the Fleetwood Mac vinyl over. Louis hummed to the song that began playing as Harry pulled out his favorite catalogue full of clothes. Since the couple met 3 years ago Harry has matured a lot. He managed to find a good job with his fancy degree from school that paid actual money so that he could pay back his loans and quit at the ice rink. It devastated Louis at first, but he knew that they'd be seeing more of each other. They'd travel together, met each other's families, and seem to fall in love with each other with each passing day.

As Harry circled a pair of unique cufflinks in his catalog he smiled to himself, making the dimples form near his mouth that Louis loved to kiss. His style was unique to say the least. He stood out a bit at work but he didn't mind. His coworkers seemed to like him and his boss actually listened to what he had to say during meetings. His gaze wandered up to the boy across the small table who was wiping his mouth that was stuffed with food. Then his eyes shifted towards the coat rack near the door behind the boy. Inside the interior pocket of his trench coat was an engagement ring. Harry had bought it a few weeks ago and was waiting for the perfect moment to pop the question.

Louis disappeared to the loo when it was time to do the dishes (which Harry only partially minded.) It was quiet in their little flat besides the sounds of the dishes clinking and guitar strums from the record. Harry jumped a bit when he heard the rusty metal flap on their door signaling the mail had come. Harry dries off his hands and picks up the mail, flipping through it.

"Bill, bill, magazine," Harry tosses the newest edition of Louis' interior magazine on the table before flipping through the rest.

As he flipped to the last envelope his eyebrows stitched together and an impressed look grew on his face. He ran his fingertips over the sturdy envelope that Harry automatically knew was more expensive and important looking. His eyes looked at the iconic Olympic Rings on the top left corner with it being addressed to none other than Mr. Louis Tomlinson.

"Lou?" Harry shouts, dropping the other mail on the table. He walks into their shared bedroom. "Louis baby what's this?" He asks as Louis opens the bathroom door.

//

pt. 2 IS coming soon!

also I'm aware that's not how you get into the Olympic okay shhh it's just for the story you guys