Chapter 1

I awoke in the middle of the night to hear the clashing of thunder and lightning streaks flashing through the gaps in my curtains.

My little brother Jack rushed in, he was only 3 years old so he didn't know what this was. As I went to wake up my parents I saw a note on their door it said
"we are gone for good never to return"
I was scared my heart raced faster than light.

I turned around to the screaming of Jack and saw a black shadowy figure in front of me, the figure spoke and said
"Your parents adopted you and Jack after I died, I was your real mother" she then shook her head down in fear of losing us again. I screamed and shouted and rejected this false yet so true statement.

She saw Jack and moved closer to him closer and closer but I couldn't let her grasp the only person I had into her devious plan. Jack seemed to recognize her, he squinted and tried to make out her name as if it was an old memory he softly said the name 'Rosa' and then the figure look up to the soft whisper to her name.

Suddenly the shadowy figure was gone and jack was not to be seen I was looking outside, staring into space as I realized I saw something through the mist but not so clear so I went out to see what it could be and to great sadness I saw him lay there soaked in blood all I could ask myself was if there was any hope to save him I didn't take the risk of not going watching him die so taking him was much better. They started to lose him  he then awoke with a sudden shock he appeared to be different, he didn't seem the same
We arrived home he was quiet for a long time so then I asked him what was wrong and he gave me a long hard stare until he burst out whatever he knew.

Jack told me about this dream while he was unconscious and he said that it was the shadowy figure wasn't our real mother, she killed our real parents and wrote that note.
"Why would she do such a thing?" I said in shock Jack nodded his head no in sympathy. They were our parents, and she can't get away with this, I wouldn't let it happen.

I thought of the library that was on the top floor because there were books here that were there before we moved in. We went to the top floor, the door opened with a creek. I tugged on this big book hoping for answers but it did not budge. I pulled harder and I heard a loud sound as the wall separated into two sides. Inside it was a shrine of a family, I predict lived a long time ago and that they owned this house. I still didn't find out why this figure was haunting us, tormenting and punishing us for no valid reason. So I gathered the information that I found out using the books and pieced it like a puzzle to solve the mystery.