Chapter Two: Breaking News and Promising Contracts.

Beginne am Anfang

"Misaki, don't say that." I said.

"Alright. I guess we have to sleep early since we have school tomorrow." He sighed.

"I guess," I said.

I'm half human, I do need sleep.

"You know what, my friend heard this news that a few Vampire Hunters are in town." Misaki said.

"Who's your friend?" I asked.

"Shinobu. He said he sniffed one of them out. And he found out there are more of them. About two or three." Misaki said.

"Vampire Hunters. We haven't had that since-"

"-the incident two years ago." Misaki finished.

"Are you telling me that a Vampire Clan has seddeled here in town?" I asked.

"I believe so," Misaki said.

I clenched my fists. Ever since my parents died, I had kept an oath to take revenge on those who took them away from me. I know they won't come back, but I want them to suffer.

I'm not strong enough, and I didn't start anything. But knowing that, I won't get anywhere.

"Ritchan?" Misaki called.

I snapped out of it, my hand was clenching my fork. I loosened a bit and exhaled my stress.

"What clan is it?"

"I don't know, I haven't stooped that low, and Chiaki-senpai doesn't seem to know either." Misaki answered.

"I'll ask Kisa-senpai." I suggested.

"Yeah. Isn't he always in the lobby?" Misaki asked.

I nodded.

Chiaki is a fellow warewolf that is a Mangaka. He sometimes ends up crashing here after a tough deadline. Kisa is a Vampire, he used to be in a Clan, but with some problems with the cheif, he quit and decided to be our guard. With his skill, he can protect us. He also knows about me, and he also finds the time to discover anything to help me.

"I guess I can ask for any type of report." I said.

We both finished our meals, then I was set to do the dishes. I thought everything through and tried to analyze possible theories about the hole Vampire Hunter and Vampire Clan in town.

"I'all do the drying, go to sleep." Misaki insisted.

I dryied my hands and went off to my room to retrieve some clothes.

Today's race was a bit frightening, but I managed.

"I'm going to take a shower." I announced.

I heard the dishes rattle.

"Gotcha!" Misaki shouted back.

I turned on the water and stripped. For some reason I felt so tired, I didn't do much today.

I rethinked everything, but the only thing I can remember is that guy at the store. Heat rose in my cheeks as I remembered his smile.

I tried to think of something else. Anything else. But I always go straight back to him.

I bit my lip, I can't think straight.

I ruffled my soaking hair and blushed. What can I do to stop this feeling.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I walked down to the usual route, the train station was close. A usual 5 minute walking trip and a full 10 minutes to get to school.

I walked down the stairs calmly. I couldn't run since it rained last night, making the mud moist in the forest that I could slip.

I groaned as I thought of it. I love to run, I feel free and the breeze felt nice in my hair.

I don't care that I would come and get a cold, I loved it.

But, due to warewolf rules under the Takahashi home, I have to fallow them.

I walking into the train and sat down. I stared at my environment and realized that people were staring at me. Mostly men. But one caught my eye as he walked towards me. I blushed.

"Hey there," he smiled as he sat beside me.

"W-what a-"

"I got bored of standing to hear those geezers talk. So I will protect you from upcoming perverts." He smiled.

I blushed at that.

Of all things I forgot. His little promise of protecting me.

"On one condition." He smirked.

That caught my attention. He put also lifted my chin to face him.

"Don't fall for me," He smiled.

My face exploded in red blush.