Me and Him

Celeste's pov

Celeste's pov

Me, Celeste Newson was married to Maxon, the king and yes I was happy. I know I said that I only wanted the crown but the more I am with him the more happier I am. From the moment I said " I do" and the moment now me looking at him I feel butterflies in my stomach. I loved him and I told him this everyday so he will remember forever.

"Hey Maxon" I say to my husband. "Yes, sweetheart" he replies.

"Can you hand me my coat" I say from a crossed the room. Maxon comes over and gives me my favorite red coat. He always knows.

We are going out around the gardens which is rare because that used to be reserved for America and Maxon back in the selection days. We never really went out in the gardens our place is the movie theater. Almost any time we have time we would go down to the movie theater and watch a romantic comedy because he likes comedy and I like romance so it's a win, win kind of deal. We never really had time lately because I mean we are king and queen and have a lot of other responsibility I'm just glad we have a little bit of time.

I had to ask Maxon a important question . We walked down and a guard looked down at me and smiled. I get that a lot. We walk over to the gardens and sat down on the bench.

"So as you know my birthday is coming up and I was wandering if maybe I could throw a birthday party and invite some of my friends you know before the selection" I say hoping he would agree.

"Well of course I will set up the party and the theme will be Red for your favorite color and.........." He said and stopped and looked at me. Then he gave me a light kiss and said " I love you".

I knew that the next part was not going to sound good to him but I miss them so much so I had to ask.

" Do you think that I could invite Elise, and Natalie, and is it possible Marlee. I know she some things bad and I understand if she is a no but if she could that would be great but I will understand if she can't" I say the last part in a rush. I was nervous about what Maxon was going to say so I held my breath. You could tell he was trying to process everything that had come out of my mouth all at once.

"Um well, Sure I mean if that is what you want there is always room for more I mean we have about 200 rooms in this castle so I mean you, I mean me um..........." Maxon said not able to finish his sentence.

I was scared to say the next name because I knew if Maxon heard the next name he would stop and change the subject just like every other time I bring her up.

"I was thinking about inviting America" I say. Just like I said he froze and looked up at me with shock across his face.

"I don't know that is up to you, my love" he says and smile's. You can see the pain behind his voice, I know he loves me more then America but I know that in his heart there is still a place in his heart for her. I know that should bother me since he is my husband but for some reason it doesn't. Before she left my and her became best friends. Before her I never had a best friend because I was cruel and I didn't care about anyone but myself and America changed that for me and I became a better person because of her. I now go and see kids in the hospital and go see the elderly and thanks to Maxon we have removed the castes and know we are trying to help those who were eights and help them find homes and jobs. The rebels are furious and have attacked many times which includes when Kriss died when Maxon picked the winner of the selection. I liked Kriss and I cried for days because I knew how much she loved Maxon and her family and never got to say Good-by. My thoughts where interrupted by a guard who came running to me and Maxon sitting on the bench.

"Your Majesty's" the guard said out of breath. "Its the rebels they are coming this way we have to get you guys to safety, now" he said sternly now.

Thoughts rushed into my brain. What if we don't make it? What if Maxon doesn't make it? What will I do? I can't lose him not now! I was so worried that I didn't see the big rock ahead of me so when I went flying I didn't have time to react.

Crack!

Author's Note

Hey guys I love the selection series and before you read this book I will tell you there is spoilers so if you have not read the selection series I suggest to read that first before this. What do you think will happen to Celeste? Do you want America in this? And who is your favorite selection character? Hope you guys like my book and please vote and comment. Thanks!
P.S all rights go to Kiera Cass