"I believe it's come up."

"Would you like me to tell you again?"

"Do you want to tell me again?" she countered and I grinned, nodding. "Then do."

"Your accent is sexy. In fact, I think we should go to the bathroom right now and have some very hot sex."

Sabastienne laughed, "What's gotten into you?"

"If all goes to plan, you."

"Robyn, please locate your chill!" Charlotte cried, looking horrified.

"Let's go," Sabastienne said, standing up and grabbing my hand.

"Baste! Don't encourage her!"

"Shh, Charlie, we won't be long," I giggled, standing too.

"She won't, anyway," Sabby said and I gasped as Charlie buried her head in her palms and groaned.

"Why don't we film it for you?" I yelled, "Then you won't be left out!"

"We even got a director," Sabby joined in, indicating the man who was coming towards us. "Which camera did you bring?"

"Which camera?" the man asked.

"For our porno," Sabastienne elaborated before I could jump in and stop her.

"Your what!?" the man exclaimed, his eyes wide with horror.

"Uh ... baby, that's my dad."

"I have a camera," said the shorter woman who'd joined my father, clearly oblivious to the details of the conversation.

"And she's my mother. Guys, this is my girlfriend who was kidding."

My mum smiled and my dad made a big deal about not making it a big deal, assuring us that it was completely okay and that we had his support. Which was weird considering we'd just asked him to film us doing it but that's my dad for you.

Sabastienne responded politely, shooting me an apologetic smile for her earlier comment. I smiled back at her but quickly became irritated, something common to any familial interactions I had. I couldn't tell you what it was but something about my parents annoyed me to hell and back.

"Okay, dad, thanks," I said firmly, cutting off his tirade. "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean 'why am I here', you're my daughter. Of course I'm here."

"Don't you have work?" I asked, honestly curious.

"I took the day off."

I nodded, then shuffled awkwardly, not sure how to go about discussing recent events. I hadn't even properly told Sabastienne what was going on, heck not even Zoey knew it all and I'd completely lost my shit in front of her, so broaching the subject with them would be impossible. We weren't exactly in the habit of discussing our feelings and I rarely shared anything but the banal with them, making the jump incredible.

I started easy,"I must inform you that I'm currently in hospital. I'm sorry you had to find out this way but," I paused for dramatic effect, "I'm pregnant."

My parents smiled.

"Nah," I continued, being casual because I didn't want to get bogged down in the explanations and the feelings and whatever else came up. "I'm here for a few days because I threatened to kill myself even though I actually didn't, all I said was I'd been planning to under different circumstances. It got a little blown out of proportion."

"Seriously?" Charlotte said, surprising me because I'd forgotten she was there. "I saw how bad you were. That wasn't 'blown out of proportion', that was a mental fucking breakdown."