Pt 8

You had no idea why it took so long for Steve to get home. But it gave you time to get changed and dress you wounds. You put on a pair of black legging and a pair of combo boots (like the ones from you uniform only lighter and easier to move in) and a black tank top and a black leather jacket. You light brown hair hung just below your shoulders. You dressed the wounds just above your eye. The crash did some damage to you but more to Fury. You could hear him wincing in pain in your living room. Your arm killed. It had a couple of stiches and the same with your side. You and Fury had the stereo on so no one could hear you. You forgot about the note on the door you left for Steve before you went running. You soon figured that out becuase you walked into him as you turned the corner. He fell back but regained your balence. You could hear Fury whisper your name. Proberly wanting to know what the noise was. Steve turned on the light wondering why everything was so dark, but Fury turned it off again putting a finger to his lips. You saw Fury type something into his phone. It read:
'SHELIDS been compremised'
Steve gave a loud sigh. He was irritated defantly. " Who else knows your here Fury" he said. "Just me and my friends" Fury said wincing in pain as he tried to stand up. When he stood up he was shot in the back 3 times. Steve imeadently took action and pulled him back behind the bookshelf where it was more covered. Fury handed him the file before saying "Don't trust anyone". His breathing slowed and the door was busted down and in walked Agent 13 armed. She called us before finding Fury dying on the floor. She called back up. It wasnt long until Steve started running after the guy who had shot him. You were in your car following Fury in the ambulence. When you arrived you saw Agent Hill and she took you behind a screen so you watch Fury being opperated on. Soon enough Steve came in. He looked like he'd seen a ghost. Which was exactly what he saw. "Steve, im glad your okay" you said whilst running up to him and throwing your arms around him head to bring in a hug. This hurt your arm and side. You feel the stiches in your side losen. 'Damn' you thought. "I saw a man, Y/n" he said pulling away from you. He looked dead in your eyes before contuining his sentence. "He had a metal arm and was wearing a mask." He said. "A metal arm. I ran into a guy with a metal arm. He blew up the car me and Fury was in. Shot me in the arm twice..." you stopped your sentence after you could start to see concern in his eyes. "What" he said. "Nothing" you replied turning your attention to the opperation. He sighed. You placed you hand on your waist but silently cursed when you could feel a warm sticky substance. Agent Hill heard you curse and drew her attention to you. You pointed to your side and showed your hand to her showing the blood. She motioned for you to lift your shirt up enough for her to see. She sighed. "Be more careful" she said. You were about to defend yourself but you interupted by Natasha running through. "Y/n, Steve. Thank god you to are alright" she said whilst running up to you and giving you a hug. "Steve tell me about the shooter" she said. "He wore a mask and had a metal arm" he said not taking his eye from the opperation room. Suddenly there was a slower beeping on the machine Fury was hooked up to. Your heart was in your throat hoping they could save him. But you were all met with the machine staying in the same tone. A tear slipped out of your eye. You didn't bother holding them back you just let them fall. Natasha and you hugged for a long time. Not caring that you were both master assains crying over a mentor and father's death. Natasha soon pulled away and looked at her hand and looked at you. You shrugged and went to hug Steve. He kissed the top of your head and held you close as you watched the doctors and nurses fill out the death certificate. Steve and you were called by Agent Rumrlo to head back to SHELID headquaters. But you refused. Instead you and Natasha were going to look more into the man with the metal arm and get you stiched up. Before a nurse attented to you, you saw Steve standing by a vending machine. He looked like he was trying to put something in it. You motioned for Natasha to take a look whilst you wounds were being treated proberly. After about 10mins Natasha came back with a load of chewing gum and a memory stick. The same one that Fury gave Steve.
~Time Skip~
The hospital was silent until the sound of sneekers scrapping on the floor was heard. You and Natasha turned the corner to see who you think it was. You were right. Steve was stood by the vending machine. He looked angry. You could hear him sigh in frustration. If it wasn't for Natasha blowing a bubble from one of the many crewing gum sticks in her mouth you would have never gotten his attention. After there mini argument you walked up amd placed a hand on his shoulder. He turned to you. His facial exspressions relaxed. He placed a hand on your cheek. Before saying "We have to go into hiding. We need to take down whatever is on this file"
"Meaning we need to find out" Natasha asked. "Yes" you said. You all went back to the apartment to change your clothes. Being careful that no one was following. You put on dark blue jeans and a new black tank top. You added a hoddie underneath your black leather jacket and kept your boots on. You all went to the mall to take a look at the memory stick you all have. You all walked up to the computer shop in the mall with extra caution and trying not to draw attention. You were holding Steves hand tightly and you all proceded to the computers. After all of the trouble it turned out you had to go to another location. However the STRIKE team had tracked you. You were causing distractions to hid your faces. As you finally came to the entrance you went to a truck. Steve 'borrowed' a car and you all drove off to new jersey. The location that you had to go to Steve remebered. It was a long drive so you fell alseep in the back of the car to get some rest. After all you were only ment to go running with Sam. And now you are on SHELIDS hit list. What a week you thought. You fell alseep with the sound of Natasha and Steve talking and the thought of the Man in the Mask.