‘Miss Granger, Mr Malfoy. How are things going?’ Professor McGonagall asked them, watching them look at the poster. Her mouth almost formed a smile and Hermione guessed she was happy with their work too.

‘Great! Now we just have to get our dress and suit from Hogsmeade...’ Hermione said, sighing. They hadn’t really thought about themselves since they had been too busy with everything else.

‘Hogsmeade? Have you not been in your room, Miss Granger?’ McGonagall asked frowning briefly.

‘Yeah, we have,’ Draco said, looking at Hermione, ‘didn’t you read the note on your cupboard? You can get a dress from in there.’

Hermione nodded, ‘oh, yes. Of course. I’ve just been so busy with everything that I forgot. Thank you, Professor.’ 

McGonagall nodded, ‘I think you should go and get ready now, both of you.’

Hermione and Draco nodded, starting to make their way to their dormitory that they shared. They walked in silence, thinking of the up coming party and if it would be a success or not. They walked into the dorm and headed for their respective rooms.

Hermione smiled when she walked into her room and looked around. She glanced at her bed sheets and took out her wand, tapping them saying 'Mutatio'  and ‘grey’. The bed sheets changed into a lovely shade of grey, quite like Draco's eyes, Hermione thought. A blush appeared on her face.

There was a knock on her door and Hermione turned suddenly as though she had been caught in an obscene act.

‘May I come in?’ Draco asked, politely, looking slightly amused at her rabbit-caught-in-the-headlights act.

‘Sure,’ Hermione said, walking over to her cupboard.

‘Nice sheets!’ Draco chuckled and paused before murmuring, very quietly, ‘matches my eyes....’

Hermione blushed and didn’t look at him as she opened the cupboard. At first it was empty but then her eyes shot open at the many clothes and shoes and bags that were in there. Draco watched her, grinning, as he wondered what she would wear tonight.

‘Yeah. Wow, how amazing is this?’ Hermione asked, hiding her embarrassment, ‘everything I need is in this!’

‘It's great,’ Draco nodded, standing near her bed, ‘there's like a hour and a half left until the party, I'm getting changed.’

Hermione nodded vaguely and heard him leave the room, closing the door behind him. Her eyes were raking through the many colours of dresses inside. Red, orange, brown, gold, white, grey, yellow! Every colour imaginable. Hermione squealed out loud, feeling herself get excited even though she wasn’t a huge fan of partying.

She ran her hands through all of the dresses and beneath them were matching shoes and masks. She particularly liked the green one. It was too short comparing to Hermione's usual dresses but she loved it and wanted to push the boundaries a little after the war.

She quickly took off her clothes and pulled it on, going to study herself in the mirror. The dress was strapless and had a bodice that had silver sparkles spattered around it. The dress fanned out in ruffles under the bodice. Hermione liked it so much that she decided to show it to Draco.

Hermione slipped on the matching high heels and walked out to Draco's room, knocked and walked in when he said 'come in'. He stood in front of the mirror, trying to tie his tie.

‘What do you think?’ Hermione asked nervously, spinning around briefly. For some reason, his opinion really mattered to her.

Draco looked at her through the mirror and his jaw unhinged. He turned around and his eyes widened too as he gaped at her. His expression was priceless and made Hermione laugh.