2

3rd POV

It was Christmas Eve and nearly every house on the block had lights decorated all around their houses, including Mark's. Luckily, he also managed to find his hat before time which made him even happier.

Light snow poured from the skies, not so much as to cover the entire streets, but just enough to have a snowball fight which is exactly what Mark and Jack did. They were dressed in the warmest clothing they had and went out in he snow, throwing it at each other constantly.

Tom joined in on the fun as well. They even built a snowman together and Mark put his Santa hat on top of it. They all smiled proudly at their creation before going back inside and enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate.

The Fischbachs, and Jack, even watched a cute little Christmas movie together before it was time for him to leave again. He probably wouldn't be back tomorrow, as they spend the holiday with their own families.

The next day, Jack and Mark were the first to wake up in their households, excited to see what the Christmas tree had for them. As usual, gifts crowded it all around. They happily unwrapped their gifts as their parents watched them.

They found all sorts of cool games and toys in their gifts. After Mark thought he was done unwrapping gifts, he heard his doorbell ring. "Someone's here! Someone's here!" He said excitedly, the dog side of him showing.

His dad laughed and opened the door to see little Jack and his mom, his hands behind his back. He smiled and revealed a small gift box with a bright red bow on top. "This is for me?" Mark asked in surprise. "Mhm!" Jack handed it to him.

He watched him as he opened it. He pulled out a collar with "Mark" in big letters sewed into the leather and a picture of them both, dangling on the metal in front of it. He examined it thoughtfully before looking up at Jack with an even bigger smile.

Jack giggled, knowing he liked it. Mark wrapped his arms around him, embracing him in a big hug. "Thank you so much-I love it!" He let him go, impatiently putting it around his neck, and fastening it tightly.

"Awe, it's fits you so nicely! How adorable." His mother said as she walked to the door to see him. "Jack really wanted to give Mark something for Christmas and his father had a great idea to print his name in the collar and add a little picture of them." Jack's mom explained.

"Looks like you two have really become the best of friends, huh?" Mark's dad said, patting his head. But then he looked down a little. "What's wrong honey?" His mom asked. "I didn't get him anything...I'm a bad friend..." He pouted.

"That's ok, Mark! Having you as my friend makes me happy!" He hugged him in comfort. Mark smiled again, happy he wasn't angry at him for not getting him a gift. "Well thank you so much for giving our boy a gift. I hope you have a Merry little Christmas!" His mom said to Jack and his own mom.

They both thanked her and wished her the same, waving at her goodbye as they went back home. She closed the door and walked back to the living room. Mark could barely stop looking at his collar, grateful for the small but meaningful gift.

Tom saw him contemplating him and chuckled. "Did Jack give that to you?" He asked curiously. Mark simply nodded, not taking his eyes off of it. "I can tell you guys are gonna be friends for a long time."

Mark smiled at the thought. "Forever..." He said. Tom looked up at him with a grin. He loved to see his little brother so happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years passed since that day. Three to be precise. Mark never went a day without wearing his collar. He and Jack would hangout almost every day after their days of school. Even they needed their education.

Although one day Jack came over with someone new. "Coming!" He ran to the door, putting his work to he side. He opened the door with a smile when he saw Jack, but it quickly faded when he saw the unfamiliar person next to him.

"Who are you?" Mark asked. "This is my friend Danny. Say hi!" Jack said happily. Danny was another animal hybrid, part owl with feathers on his head which looked like little ears and a little beak.

"Hi." Danny smiled. Mark tilted his head. "But I thought I was your friend?" He was a little confused. "You are! You can have more than one friend, silly." Jack laughed. "Oh...well hi."

They walked inside and Mark's mom showed up. "Oh hello there little Jack. Made a new friend I see?" She said, spotting the little owl. "I'm Danny. Nice to meet you!" He said happily. "Oh how adorable." She chuckled.

Mark crossed his arms. "So he's gonna hang out with us?" He walked up to them. "Yup. We're gonna have so much fun!" Jack went over to the TV and picked a game to play. "We can play games and...oh...there's only two controllers..." He pulled them out.

Mark smiled. That meant only he and Jack could play. "Oh that's alright. You can take turns. Danny can play first since he's the little new guy." She told them. Mark's smile went away again. Were things always going to be like this?

"I'll go get you boys some snacks." His mom said as she went to the kitchen. Mark sighed and sat on the couch as Jack and Danny sat on the floor, getting ready to play Spyro, Jack and Mark's favorite game.

She came back with chips, milk, and cookies. Mark didn't feel like eating at the moment, so only Jack and Danny took the offer. Eventually, Mark did get to play and he was happy to have done so.

Time went by, all three of them taking turns, and they were pretty worn out. "I'm tired." Jack rubbed his eyes. "Guess it's nap time for you guys." Tom said. He'd came to watch them play some time earlier.

They all agreed. "We can sleep in my room." Mark suggested. Jack nodded and headed to his room as well did Danny. "Hey Mark." Tom called. Mark turned to him. "Just give it some time ok?"

Mark thought. "Ok." He smiled. Then he went on with the others. But he stopped at the doorway when he already saw them on the bed, Jack lying close to Danny's side as they were falling asleep.

Mark's face heated up and he turned a shade of red before stomping out of the room and back on the couch. "What's wrong, buddy?" Tom asked. Mark wiped his eyes. "Jack doesn't love me anymore..." He pouted and sniffled.

"Hey, it's ok. Why do you think that?"

"He likes Danny more than me..." He said quietly. "I'm sure that's not true. You just have to get used to Jack having another friend."

Mark sighed and thought about it. He could try, but he knew it would be tough doing so.