Lightning

My alarm went off at the usual time. It was a Sunday so I hadn't many plans. Just some laundry and cooking, maybe a run. I looked out the window and all I saw was a grey sheet-like cloud covering the sky ominously. I sighed. I hate this weather. Nevertheless, I turned over to Q, deciding not to get up quite yet, and snuggled into him. He shifted, half awake, and pulled me under his arm.
"Morning" I whispered.
"Not yet" he groaned. I just giggled, putting my head onto his chest, listening to his breathing, in complete peace.

Later that night:

Q and I had stayed in all day. We'd both gotten some work done, not being completely unproductive. We'd eaten and were just winding down after dinner. I had gone up for a shower whilst Q stayed watching  the tele. As I emerged, I heard a lpe rumble from outside. I ignored it thinking it was a motorbike or something from the car park down the road. As I put on some leggings and a jumper, I heard it again, louder this time. I headed to the window and nudged the curtains out of the way.That's when I saw it. The lightning. Shit, I hate thunderstorms.
"One. Two. Three. Four. Four miles away" I muttered under my breath until I heard the thunder. Shit.

I hurried downstairs and jumped onto the sofa next to Q.
"Hey, what's this? Something up?" He asked.
"Nah, I was just cold." I lied.
"Ok" He said, putting an arm round me as I rested my head on his shoulder. I took hid hand in mine and he rubbed his thumb gently over the back of my hand.
crack
That's when I saw the lightning through the window, followed closely by the deafening sound of thunder. I jumped,
"Holy shit" I whispered, clearly spooked.
"You alright?" Q chuckled, clearly amused at how scared I was.
"Just don't like thunderstorms" I shrugged.
"You crack me up" He laughed, shaking his head.
I just slapped his arm playfully.
Crack
I jumped again, cowering into Q's chest.
"Seriously?" He laughed.
"Piss off Q" I snapped.
"I'm sorry, you're just cute when you're scared." He said, biting back a smirk.
"Whatever" I said.
"Give me a sec" Q said, getting up from the sofa.
"Ugh" I groaned at having to change postion from the comfort of his shoulder.
Q went upstairs to the airing cupboard and returned with my favourite blanket. I smiled.
"Here you go scaredy cat." He laughed.
"Thanks arsehole" I replied. He just laughed.
Q carefully placed the blanket over me, and sat so that my head was in his lap. He pressed a soft kiss onto my forehead and entangled his fingers into my hair.
"You're safe now silly" He whispered.
"Wow what a charmer, I'm so comforted." I giggled.
"You know you love it" He said.
"Yeah well, more fool me" I admitted with a laugh.

A/n this was requested, I really hope you like it!! Please comment with any other requests, and with what you thought! As always thank you for reading and lots of love
e