twelve; the darkness took

Start from the beginning

"It wasn't him, Tony," Lara said, her voice demanding that he listen to reason. "Hydra had control over his mind."

"Move!" Was the Iron Man's response, about to fly over them. Steve caught his leg though, repeating Lara as he shouted it wasn't him! Steve then proceeded to hit his shield against Tony's thrusters twice, disabling it from further use at the moment.

Lara teleported her way behind Tony as Steve ran after Tony, but the male used a laser to collapse the archway. Lara looked up, seeing Bucky pretty far up the giant staircase in the column they were in. She try to catch Tony's foot as he flew, but she was too slow as he flew above her head. She teleported to the platform he was on, getting a good kick to the chest and knocking him off of it.

However, the one thruster did still work, and that caught him as he flew up another couple of platforms. Bucky had just latched onto one, about to pull himself up when Tony was able to send him back onto another one. Tony was about to send a repulser beam at the man, Lara getting thrown a shield, and teleporting in front of the man in time. It bounced off of the shield and back into Tony, sending Iron Man into the wall and onto a lower platform.

Steve caught up to the duo easily, helping Bucky to his feet. "He's not gonna stop. Go."

Bucky listened again, running and jumping onto a higher platform, almost at the exit that he had opened at the beginning of his climb. Steve then grabbed something off of his belt, getting himself ready. Lara was taken aback slightly when Steve jumped over a flying Tony, something wrapping around his neck and the two plummeting to the bottom of this column.

Lara watched as Tony landed with a clang on a higher platform then Steve, getting on his knees and aiming his hand upwards. Steve threw his shield, Tony shooting it away with his repulser beam. Lara swore under her breath, not sure what to do. Lara almost teleported in front of the missile that Tony shot, but it was too late as the exit smashed closed, sending Bucky to a platform below it.

He had been so close too.

Lara gasped as Tony (who had flown up to the platform Bucky had been on) clutching Bucky started to fly, when Steve jumped and grabbed Tony by the waist, the two of them plummeting down the rest of the way as Bucky landed on a lower platform.

Lara teleported her way down to him, checking if he was okay, before spotting Tony lying on the ground. She teleported behind him, watching as he climbed over the cement wall, knowing Steve probably landed on the other side.

"This isn't going to change what happened," Lara heard Steve say, hoping that Tony listened to him. He wasn't being reasonable, the grief of seeing his parents die all over again controlling him.

"I don't care," Tony said, standing above Steve now. "He killed my mom."

Tony dived forward, punching Steve. Lara watched as the two fought, Tony getting in a couple good punches, as did Steve, before Steve got Tony in a head lock. Using a repulser beam, Tony flipped them over, sending Steve of of him.

A yell came from above, Bucky jumping at Tony with Steve's shield, smacking the man. He blocked a beam with it, before throwing it to Steve. Lara watched, feeling helpless as the two fought with Tony, the clanging of them hitting his suit rhythmic. Tony sent a beam into Steve's abdomen, Lara stepping in finally. Her and Bucky continued the onslaught of punches for a little bit. Lara kicked his shoulder as hard as she could, sending Tony down on his knees as Bucky sent a punch to his helmet.

Lara went to kick his helmet when Tony caught it, sending Lara away from him, and into the way. Her head smacked against the cement, her vision going blurry. The girl blinked, trying to get the black dots out of her vision as she heard Bucky grunting as he fought Tony.

When her sight cleared up, she was able to see Tony send some kind of beam from his stabilizer, Bucky dodging it as he aimed it upwards by grabbing Tony's wrist. A hit to the chest sent Tony back, landing against the wall. Bucky dived forward as Lara got up, wobbling a little as she got to her feet.

With his normal hand, Bucky held Tony's helmet against the wall as his metal hand went for the chest arch reactor. Tony tried to push it away, but Bucky's metal hand clamped onto it, his fingers digging into the metal suit around it.

Lara's eyes widened when she heard the familiar sound of the arch reactor starting up. Acting fast, she teleported to beside Bucky, adrenaline coursing through her veins. Her fingers wrapped around Bucky's metal arm's wrist, somehow pulling it away from the reactor, pushing Bucky to the side. Lara had a second to see Bucky's confused look before she saw the bright light that came with the beam from the chest piece, feeling the burning on her chest as she was sent backwards.

Lara heard Bucky scream her name before she felt her body hit the wall on the other side of the small room. Her head was the last thing to hit, and Lara felt her body fall to the ground, before the darkness that had invaded her vision took her.

__________

n.e.

this hurt.