Carder ran his hand through his beach boy, wavy blonde hair, and stared back at her with newly understanding light blue eyes, "Oh yea," he sighed, clearly remembering, "honestly Allaria, I never thought that was actually going to happen." he gestured to her with a forced smile, "I mean it's you, Allaria." he chuckled, "You always have a way of getting out of things." he explained but when he saw Allaria cross her arms and tap her foot it faded away.

"Well I guess my luck finally ran out and even my skills of coercion couldn't help." she grimaced sarcastically and looked behind him again. This time, he noticed.

"Am I in your way?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

Allaria scoffed, "In a matter of speaking."

Carder paused to think, "You want to go throw your daggers don't you?" he asked in more of a cheeky statement.

Allaria allowed herself a smile, she was surprised that he was able to put it together. That being said, Carder was only thick skulled when it came to matters of the social variety. Throw a sword in his hand and give him an army to command and he could defend a nation.

"Actually..." Allaria grinned and scratched her head, "I do."

Carder unsheathed his sword and taunted her with it asking, "Do you want a partner that can fight back?", a playful grin dancing on his lips.

Allaria looked from him to his students and back, "You seem busy."

Carder looked at them, cocked his head with a shrug, and then as if a light had gone off in his head, turned back and said, "Perhaps it could serve as a demonstration?"

Allaria laughed, the sound felt pleasant coming from her lips rather than the bile that she had been feeling, "Of what?"

Carder rubbed his chin and crossed his arms, scanning Allaria from head to toe, "I have an idea." he said with a grin.

Allaria cocked her eyebrow but pulled her sword out of the dirt, "Alright, let's go."

Carder smiled as the two of them walked back to the new recruits and stood in front of them.

Allaria had served as a demonstration many times for the recruits and she quite enjoyed the process of impressing the little ones as she coined them even though some of them were older than she was. They were tired from the drills and some of their breathing seemed more laboured than it really should have been.

The smell of sweat and dirt mixing with a hint of body odor reminded her of the days when Gauwyn and her would train together. When they too stood where the new recruits did. Then the thought of Gauwyn reignited her feelings and she had to force them down and away.

Carder clapped his hands together to get their attention but most of the eyes were on Allaria as she sauntered in before them. They gawked at the presence of a woman and some even whistled catcalls at her. Allaria met each and every one of them with an intense stare that made them quiver and look away.

Carder's clap brought everyone out of their trances and brought Allaria back from her stare attacks. Carder stood tall and strong before them, watching them as they reacted to seeing a woman and laughed.

He gestured to Allaria, "This is my little sister Allaria," he paused, glaring at the men who were still staring, "And yes... she is a woman." he clapped again loudly, snapping at them again, "And she is going to give us a demonstration of why letting your emotions get to you in a fight is not a winning strategy."

Allaria's eyes widened as she sneered at Carder, "Really?" she asked, cocking her hip to the side and crossing her arms over her chest.

Carder grinned and turned back to the men, "Now Allaria is a skilled fighter," he turned back to her with a proud look in his eyes, "The Champion of Orlanio." Then his tone became more serious, "But even champions can be thwarted by their own emotions."