Chapter 11

I felt ill, very ill. I was tied to a wooden chair with tubes attached to my arms to drain me of my blood. The tubes led to a blood bag and every now and then they'd change it. I've filled two so far and if I feel like crap now, wait till the last drop.

I knew it was a mistake coming here but Amy was in trouble. I knew she was still her inside and I knew that she wouldn't want to act like she has. When they hand the blood bags out to share maybe she'll drink it and come and save me?

A vampire walked in and straight up to me, pulling the tubes out and sealing the blood bag. I looked at them confused, why did they take the tubes out?

"Rest human" They smiled at me and started patting my head. "We need your blood to last a long, long time" They walked off with the blood bag and I started struggling, trying to get loose but I was too weak.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I come to realise that I was going to die but not the way I thought. I thought I'd have my throat ripped out or I'd have my neck snapped. Something quick, over in a few seconds and then I'd be gone. Being drained of my blood whilst they rationed it would take ages. They'd let me recover and do it all over again and I just couldn't bare to imagine the pain I'd feel every week, month, year. 

"Gerard" A gentle voice from the other side of the room called me. I looked up and saw Amy stand at the doorway with her arms crossed. I was angry at her, I wanted to scream at her to snap out of her rabid state but that would do no good. It wasn't her fault, it was theirs.

"What" I croaked, squinting to get a better view of her. She slowly made her way towards me and when she got to me, she crouched down and used her hand to lift my chin.

"Why did you come here, Gerard?" She tilted her head slightly and I looked into her deep red eyes, her teeth were still sharp and weird which meant she was still rabid. 

"Why did you come here?" I asked back making her smile a little but then frown.

"I was going to kill them all Gerard. I had your blood and I was stronger, so I thought. I didn't realise they had their own supply. They were stronger than me because they had more blood in their system. Then they all attacked me and look where we are now" She laughed at the end which made tears fall down my face rapidly. 

"Why couldn't you just leave them? Why not stay with me" 

"Because they were after you" She stopped laughing and stared at me. "I led them straight to you"

"You didn't mean to-"

"I did. That was my mission Gerard" She stood up sighing. "Vampires and humans can't be friends sweety, you're my food" She chuckled and rubbed her forehead slowly. "Oh hunny, don't be sad it's nothing personal" 

"You're lying!" I shouted using my strength to push the chair forwards but not getting free of the restraints. "You're different to them!"

"The only reason I gained your trust was to lure you here!" She shouted back and in a blink of an eye she was inches away from my face. 

"No, you could've just taken me" I spat, anger building up inside of me quickly. 

"That would've been too easy. I like to play with my food before I eat it" I was about to headbutt her because frankly, that was all I could do but then I saw her tearing up and it threw me off guard. 

"Amy..." She quickly covered my mouth and shook her head at me. Mixed emotions were shooting through me making me feel worse. What the hell was happening? She was telling me all this then tearing up?

"I feel sorry for you Gerard, to trust something like me and then to realise the truth. You still don't want to give up on me" She shook her head and removed her hand from my mouth, wiping her eyes slowly. She leaned in closer, to my ear and softly whispered "Let me go and you'll have a chance" She stood up and walked off quickly leaving me sitting there confused.

What did she mean by that? I wanted to call after her but I daren't. Was she being controlled? forced to say that? No, she was rabid and she meant every word of it. She didn't care about me, I fell into a well placed trap and now I have to pay for it. She had me wrapped around her finger and I let her do it. I brought my own death upon me because for once I trusted someone, something. I called her my friend! A vampire! How could I have been so stupid and so gullible!? 

I wanted to kill every last one of them. I wanted to break free, break the chair and go round staking all their smug asses. I wanted every last one of them to pay for the game they made. As if I wasn't fucked up enough already, they put the icing on the cake for that.