"Black? So macho," I said sarcastically, handing him his cup. "Will that be all?"  

"I don't know," he smirked. "I think something's missing."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what would that be?"

"Your number," he answered, cocksure.

Instead of telling him where he could shove his sorry excuse for a pickup line, I smiled seductively and wrote down a number. He grinned, obviously pleased with himself, before winking and leaving.

Good riddance, bastard.

“You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a heel. You’re as cuddly as a cactus; you’re as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch. You’re a bad banana with a greasy black peel,” my phone rang.

I took my phone out of my pocket and answered it. “Hey, are you here?”

“No,” Kendall drug out the word, “I’m in Narnia. Yes I’m here, you dork, and I bear coffee.”

“You do know that I work at a café, right? And do you know cafes sell?” I inquired.

"Sushi?" she feigned ignorance. 

I scoffed. “Someone’s being sarcastic today.”

“Someone’s being obvious today.”

“Touché,” I said, laughing.

“Enough with the chit-chat, B, and get your scrawny little butt out here,” she demanded before I was greeted with the dial tone.

Although Kendall Adams appeared normal on the outside, her personality was the farthest thing from it. But everyone has that one crazy friend they can’t help but love, right? Before she could freak out, I hurriedly tossed my apron away and raced out to her car.

“About time,” she said, handing me my coffee.

Kendall looked nice today. She wore a black skirt and tights, a white sweater, and boots. Her shoulder length dark brown hair was wavy as usual. While Kendall’s hair had volume, mine just hung down my back like drapes.

“Hello to you too,” I murmured. She chuckled and put the car into drive.

Five minutes and one cup of coffee later, we arrived at school.

After Kendall and I separated, I sauntered down the empty hallway and made a sharp left into Mr. Cain's economics class. Mr. Cain was an average heighted man with a bulging stomach and a slightly receding hairline. He always wore the same outfit: Levi's, sneakers, and a dress shirt. As if throwing on a dress shirt would make him appear more professional. 

Soundlessly, I made my way to my seat in the back of the room. Mr. Cain stopped his presentation on free-market economies and redirected his attention to the back of the room. I looked to the right and saw a girl with large, innocent eyes and a button nose. She had her hands clasped on the desktop.

"I think he's talking to you," I whispered. 

The terror-stricken look on her face was priceless and I couldn't hold back a satisfied chuckle. Bushhaven High probably had the largest population of diehard Christians and prudes. I have to get my entertainment somewhere. 

"Actually," Mr. Cain announced, "I'm talking to you, Bryn. You're late." 

Now, where have I heard that before? 

Not even ten minutes into the class and there was a knock on the door. It was the moron that came to The Drip 'n' Sip this morning. He looked around the room and his gaze locked on me, a mischievous glint evident in his eyes.

Holy. Crap. 

"Excuse me," Mr. Cain said.

"Hi, I'm Tate Patterson. I just moved here from California," the moron said. 

"Just because it's your first day, doesn't mean it's acceptable to be tardy," huffed Mr. Cain. I let out a laugh but that was cut short due to him adding, "Bryn, you can join Tate in detention today. Now, back to the subject on hand..."

Moron--I mean Tate--took the seat beside me. I ignored the creepy staring, the poking at my sides, and even the annoying way he repeated my name over and over again. But I couldn't ignore him as he pelted me with countless paper balls.

Finally, I snapped, "What?" 

He grinned. "Oh, nothing. Just wanted to thank you for giving me the number for a gay sex line this morning."

~Author's Note~

Here it is, everyone. The first chapter of Bad Boys, Coffee, And Other Things That Are Hot is updated. Please comment below; I'd love to hear your opinions! And don't forget to follow me if you like it! I love meeting new people!