Chapter 16

Don't know how happy I am with this chapter.. I mean its ALOT longer if that counts for anything! I mean 5 pages!? That's the longest any of my chapters have ever been! :) It was a pain to write but I finally got through it so I hope this chapter was worth the wait! This IS NOT edited so sorry for any mistakes you may find. You should all know its never edited by now lol. I never really have time and I apologize! :) Enjoy my lovely's :D

Chapter 16

It had been 6 weeks. I had been trapped in this horrid place for exactly 6 weeks and let me tell you, it was hell. Max refused to tell me why I was here but instead, more or less avoided me. He got annoyed when I asked him so I think he just resorted to staying away from me.

I had been held hostage in a cold cell and it wasn't good for my child. After a lot of begging, I got Max to agree to bring in an obstetrician to check on my baby.

Currently, I was lying on a thick blanket that made me sigh in relief. It was so much warmer and softer than the concrete and I was so grateful I finally had it in here.

Doctor Kane rubbed the gel out on the tiny baby bump and slowly went over it with the transducer. I lay silently, my thoughts drifting to my mother. Was she alive? Was she in hospital care? Could they save her or did she die with no one by her side?

So many questions were going through my mind and it only made my stress levels worse. The thought of never seeing my mother again was like somebody ripping out my heart and stomping on the pieces.

"Dear, you need to stop stressing out so much and calm down. Its not good for the baby." That was probably the 10th time I've heard that since that doctor had come in here to check on me and my baby. The same stupid words that had come out of her mouth various amounts of time.

I finally snapped.

"You've been telling me the same thing ever since you got in here. Don't you think I know its bad for the baby? I'm locked up in a damn room by a mobster. I don't even know if ill ever get out so you have no right to tell me to calm down!"

She stayed silent and continued on with the ultra sound. It was like a non ending pattern, she would tell me to calm down, I would keep quiet, but this time I snapped at her and it made me feel guilty. She was just doing her job but I couldn't help but feel angry.

I was the one stuck in here and she didn't know how it felt to be trapped. Especially when your pregnant and harm can come to your baby at any second. The whole time I've been held hostage in here, I've felt on edge like someone was out to get me and my baby.

To top it all of, I've been worried about Leah. She hasn't been in this room with me for 2 weeks and I was starting to worry whether she was alive or not.

"If you would like to know, you are currently 14 weeks pregnant."

My eyes drifted down to the small bump at my stomach. Usually people have a bigger bump but the doctor explained it may have been because of my smaller frame or the fact I haven't been getting the right food lately. She said she would make sure she got me the right nutrients.

When she first got in here, my first thought was, she could sneak me out of here but that was shot down when she straight out told me she couldn't.

"Well, now that you know how your baby's doing, I must be off but I'll be back to check in on you soon."

 My heart rate slowly increased as she packed up her equipment. Her leaving meant me staying in this place and I didn't want to have that happen. The longer I stayed in here, the crazier I felt and I couldn't stand it.