Chapter 2: The Riddle

"May. May! Maybelle! Maybelle Maple!" Mom yelled from downstairs.
"What is it?" I got out of bed and glanced at the clock. "Its only six!" I shouted. School begins at 7:30, and I'm quick in the morning.
"Come down, we'll talk at breakfast!" Mom yelled, losing patience.
I changed into a red tank top with a black undershirt, white shorts with black Capri's, and sneakers. The usual.

I ran downstairs, after brushing my teeth

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I ran downstairs, after brushing my teeth.
"What is it?" I grumbled.
"For your information, you just got accepted into the contest supreme. Free of charge. I would expect you to know that June." An all too familiar grass head informed me. The 'Contest Supreme' is an event held for coordinators. They first take around fifty lessons in the span of a month, before having a tournament to test our skills. However, its extremely expensive, and you need to accepted by some very picky proffessers.
"The Contest Supreme?!" I shout in utter confusion.
"That's right! And because my family paid, I'm gonna be your partner. After you have your breakfast, we start training." He flicked his bangs and walked outside, towards my backyard.
"You heard him! Eat your breakfast dear!" Mom put a bowl of cereal in front me.
"May's competing with her boyfriend!" Max yells, causing everyone to look at him.
"We're not dating!" I retorted.
"Max, that was uncalled for! You're grounded!" It was heaven to watch Mom punishing the little pest.
"But Mom!" Max began to whine.
"

You deserve it pest!" I shout at him. Mom looks at me with a stern expression.
"May, I'm letting you off easy, but next tim-" I cut her off.
"Okay! See ya!" I finished my cereal, and ran outside. Drew was waiting on the deck.
"You and Max had a fight?" He asked, pulling a Pokéball out.
"He just said that you were my boyfr-, never mind." I began to blush as I called out Combuskan.
"Oh?" He had a certain amount of flirtatiousness in his voice, combined with the fact that he was leaning really close to me. I mean really close! I almost fainted in embarrassment.
As usual, I braced myself for the fall. But the pain never came. I felt the usual hands on my waist. Drew helped me up and chuckled.
"You really need to stop falling. What would happen if your 'prince' wasn't there to save you?" He smirked at me. I, however, know his secret weakness. I reached up and ruffled his bangs. "Again with the hair Maple?!" He shouted before walking towards the bench.
"I don't need a prince. And I don't need you to train with me!" I yelled back, already growing angry of him. He cleaned so to me and whispered.
"Fine, we'll train, and I'll walk you to school. After that you van go talk to that Brenden pretty-boy." Hus eyes rolled in disgust at the mention of Brendan. He pat my head before calling out Rosalia.
"Rosalia, Petal Storm! Then break through the petal's with solar beam!" Drew shouted. Rosalia executed it perfectly.
"Well Combusken, use flame burst!" The flames exploded over head. "Now finish with thunder punch!" The punch sent electric sparks through the flame.
"I see you've improved April, that's a really unique move for Combusken!" Drew praised me, flicking his bangs.
"I told you I was better then you think!" I shouted at him, adjusting my head band.
"Well, I see that you havent seen the best of Drew Hayden!" He shouted calling out Maskerain."
~le time skip~ Dawn's POV~
"Dawn! Get out of bed!" My mom ushered me out of bed.
"But Mom, I don't want to go." I pout, even though I know it won't have any effect.
"Well, get ready. I'll prepare your breakfast." I changed into my usual clothes. Black top, pink mini skirt, pink scarf, white beanie, and pink boots. I also decided to use thus lip gloss I got from May. It's Oran berry flavored.
I head downstairs to see what breakfast will be. Just plain old cereal. I sat down and bagan to eat it, pleasantly surprised by how good it is.
I walked towards the door and picked my bag.
"Bye Mom!" I called as I ran out the door.
On the way there, I crossed paths with Paul.
"Hey Paul!" I cheerfully greeted the purple haired boy.
"Hello Troublesome." He grumbled, and continued walking away.
"Can I walk with you?" I asked him, not having anything better to do.
"I'd prefer being left alone. He replied, not even looking at me.
"Well, the riddle is being announced today!" I grinned at him. He would probably try to solve it just for the sake of showing superiority to all the others.
"Yay." He said sarcastically replied. We walked the rest of the way to school.
~le time skip ~ Serena's POV~
I sat down and began to eat my lunch. I have a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich, mago juice, and a few macorons. Ash came and sat beside me.
"Hi Sere!" He spoke as happily munched on his mystery meat pizza.
"Hello Ash. I see you went for mystery meat again." I rolled my eyes. The mystery meat is infamous for being, well, a mystery. Luckily for me, I pack lunch. Ash doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Fennekin, Pancham, and Sylveon all munch on their food.
"Of course I did! Its the cheapest item on the menu. And its, not thwat bad." He took a mother bite whilst talking.
"Don't speak with food in you mouth, its rude." I told him. I then began to hear static in the speakers above us. On the giant TV, the setting of the headmaster's office slowly became clear. Headmaster Oak was sitting there, a grin plastered in his face.
"Hello young trainers! Today is the day when our next yearly riddle is announced. We hope that you can bond with each other from your experiences while trying to solve the riddle. We also hope that you can improve your problem solving skills, as well as your teamwork skills. We have had such a wonderful experience hosting these challenges and do hope that you try to solve our riddle. Now, time for the rules. You have a month from now to some the riddle. Teaming is allowed, but if only three are required for a riddle, then four may not team. The first fifteen teams to complete the challenge will be awarded with diffenet prizes. If you are not in the top fifteen, but you complete the challenge withen the time limit, we will reward you with a certificate. Remember, not only do you have to solve the riddle, but you have to show the answer. Now, time to reveal our lucky elementary student." After Headmaster Oak's long lecture, the camera shifted towards a familiar girl.

" After Headmaster Oak's long lecture, the camera shifted towards a familiar girl

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Hello, everyone. My name is Kandi Privyere Rosenstake. I am pleased to be helping host such a prestigious event." She curtyed before taking a seat in the chair behind her. "First, the prizes! Numbers fifteen through ten get get trophies, as well as a $75 gift card for the pokestore. Numbers ten through five get trophies, a $85 gift card for the pokestore, and limited edition item of their choice from the Wishing Stars collection that is $50 and under. Number five and four get a trophy, $90 gift card for the pokestore, any item of your choice from the Wishing Stars collection that is $75 and under. Number three gets a $100 gift card, an item of their choice from the Wishing Stars collection that is $100 and under, a trophy, and a free game from GameStop. Number two gets a $125 gift card, any item any item of their choice from the Wishing Stars collection, a trophy, and a free game from GameStop. And finally, number 1 gets a $150 gift card, any item from the Wishing Stars collection, a trophy, a free game from GameStop, and a pokēphone 7 plus in a color of their choice!" She let out a breath, panting for a moment.
"Wow, that's awesome!" I heard Dawn from across the table. Kandi's head perked up on the screen.
"Time for the riddle!" She went on to recite the riddle,
"You can feel me, but not touch me.
I can be fed, and I can be starved.
Everyone needs me, yet some push me away.
I can be hidden, or I can control.
I can be be destroyed, or destroy.
I can stick out like a sore thumb,
Or I can be hidden in plain sight." She finished reciting the riddle, as the camera shifted Headmaster Oak.
"Remember students, you have one month." Before the monitor flickered off.
~le time skip~ ???'s POV~
"I don't know what you were thinking." Lilly grumbled miserably. She looked over at Kandi, who was sipping on chocolate milk.
"Why are you complaining? You're not in highschool." Kandi replied. She chuckled before taking a bite of the berry her Audino had handed her.
"You know, one of us is in highschool." Lilly pointed to me.
"I know, but she isn't like the rest of them." I nodded as Kandi finished her berry, Audino handing me an Oran berry.
"Yeah, I grew up with grandpa. If you didn't know, he is a social outcast. I bet I barely know how to behave at all around those people there. I mean, behind that facade. And Lil, your transferring to the highschool next week, for academic achievement." I took a bite out my berry after saying that.

"Oh come now sis, you know that I'm probably just like you, only I was raised in the big booming city of Lumiose." The winner of the Oblast League spoke up.
"I guess." I mumbled, taking a drink of the Gogoat milk in front of me.
"Well, we still have to mind those who ruin Kandi and Oak's vision." Lilly glared at Kandi.
"Oh, don't worry. You two can help with that, but only with patience. I hope you two don't become those people." She glared back at Lilly.
"No need to worry, I won't cut the chase. While I do enjoy my own fair bit of acting, I love to see a good show put on. Besides, when have I been one to cheat, even after being told the answer?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dun dun dun! Try to guess who ??? is. Noble, you probably know. Don't say it until I reveal it. If you're not Noble, feel free to guess! Also, feel free to solve the riddle!

Hidden In Plain Sightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें