Where it all began..

It all started back in 2009, I was about 13 years old. I had never met my moms side of the family, only because she was adopted into her family and they were all from Mexico. My moms aunt and uncle became her mom and dad, her distant family became her close family and you get the point...
I remember my mom tell me to get ready for a family cook out of hers because her family came to the states. I wasn't very girly at the time, I threw on some jeans and a shirt and didn't brush out my hair. On our way to their trailer home, I was asking mom how were these people and she explained how they know no English what so ever and their sense of humor was rude. As we start turning into the a neighborhood I got weirdly anxious. As I was walking to the door I noticed on their mail box it said "Gomez" and I thought okay that's cool I guess. My mom knocked on the door and my aunt opened it and introduced her self to my sibling and I. Hola here and hola everywhere. Someway I ended up being the last person to go in. And that's when I saw him. He came up to me and was like
"Hola me llamo Ismael como te llamas tú?"
-Hello my name is Ismael, what's you're name?-
"Me llamo Ashley "
-My name is Ashley-
I sat next to my mom, detangling my hair with my fingers and caught my self trying to actually look pretty. I though to myself, Ashley he's you cousin you can't like him. I wasn't really into the whole boy scene just until I met him.
They were my moms only close family that's lived in Texas. It was her aunt Rosa, her cousin Rosita, and Rositas husband Ismael and their kids which were Ismael, Marilyn and Fabian. We started hanging out with them every weekend, and I got close to my so called cousin, Ismael. At the beginning my Spanish was rough, and it was hard for me to communicate with him but I caught up eventually. My cousin was only three years older than me, but three years made a huge difference. He was into girls and kissing and all that stuff. He became a real good friend/cousin, he would text me all day and night and give me good advice on boys. He would always tell me they were no good for me or not cute enough for me. By this time I thought well shit might as well die single with 100 cats.
About a year later, one night my parents wanted to go out and didn't have a babysitter and my aunt offered to take care of us( I was lowkey excited because I had been wanting to see him.) We got there and as always I would sit in the corner of the couch and stay quiet because I would get shy and nervous with him around. He called me into his room and we were listening to Rihanna's big hit at the time talk that talk and we were just causally talking until he asked me.
"Have you ever kissed a boy?"
"No, are you crazy I'm only 14. I don't even know how"
"¿Quieres que te enseñe?"
-want me to show you-
"uh..uh.. Mhm"
"It'll just be a pop kiss I prom..."
"Ismael!!!" His mom called.
That's when I realized I wasn't the only one who felt
the tension..
My cousin was an amazing dancer, I think that that's what caught my eye the most. He was so good I had to ask him to be my partner for my quincenera. He accepted and I was excited because he knew exactly how to dance. Eight months before my quince we started practicing for my fun dance. He would always show up on time and ready to go. Slowly he would start showing up late or skipping practices and he would blame work. Until I found out he had a girlfriend. His girlfriend wasn't the prettiest girl or sweetest. Her name was Ana. The actual day of my quince he only dance with me for my fun dance and then left me for her. Because of her we distant each other, no more advice or long talks, it was just hi and bye.