Haunting You

I climbed out of the taxi and gave the drive some cash before he drove off, leaving me with nothing. I guess I was lucky I had dropped my luggage off at my hotel, ha?

 I stood with my brown hair slightly moving in the breeze as I turned and stared up at the big, old and abandoned looking prison. Wearing only a thin white singlet, black leggings, a over-size green rain coat and a pair of black laced up boots I stepped towards the gates that had large, bulky  chains wrapped around the two gates.

Stopping in front of the iron gates I reached out and shook them, well I guess that competition was a load of bull...

"Hi, can I help you?" jumping out of my skin I turned and punched the source of the voice. The guy jumped back in shock and grabs his arm as he stares at me accusingly, "What the hell lady?!"

"You Americans should never sneak up on an Australian" I frowned at him, "We might accidentally kill you" 

"Ah - the contest winner" another boy says, and let's just say he has a head of hair.

"Nikki Bronx, how are ya mate?" I held my hand out as he took it and I noticed the third guy with a camera out as he points a camera at us.

"Cameron Holden" I nodded and he points over to the boy who hid behind the camera, "That's Luke Gregson"

The camera boy looks up and quickly looks back down to his camera - guess he's shy? I gave him a flick of my wrist that resembled a wave before I turned to the boy I had hit.

"Will" he narrows his eyes at me and I gave him a smirk.

"Hiya Will, do you normally come up behind girls after telling them to go to an abandoned part of town?"

Cameron chuckles and Luke smiles, but Will on the other hand glares at me.

"Anyway, nice to meet you all. As you know, I travelled from the country Down Under to get her, and it is currently five  at night, so what are we doing?"

"We're waiting for Michael to come and let us in" Cameron - let's call him Cam tells me, I guess he's going to be the only one to talk to me, eh?

After waiting for what seemed forever an old guy pulls up in a van and he opened the gates and nervously guided us to the boarded up doors that were behind some heavy looking gates.

"Good luck" he mutters to me before he shuts the gate and locked us in here.

"Come on Nikki" Cam was the only one who waited for me and we walked side by side to find a desk with some camera's and things on it.

"Gear up guys" each boy grabbed a camera, torch, a box and a pager.

"Can I have a video camera or...?" the boys looked at each other before Luke turned and passed me a crappy looking one compared to theirs. This one was a simple single hand video recorder, there's were big professional ones - well I guess they didn't want me to break their billion dollar gear.

"And your EVP recorder, turn it on when your trying to talk to a spirit"

"... Ah-ha" I took the black box and put it into my pocket.

"Wait - do you believe in ghosts?" Will asks me out of the blue.

"Nope, I had entered the competition for my sister who loves this show, but she couldn't come because she had exams - are you filming me?" I peered into the camera lens of Luke's camera and he bit his lip trying not to laugh at me as I puffed my cheeks out.

"Well, you should start believing" Will snaps at me and I straighten up.

"I'll believe it when I see it honey" I cockily put my hand on my hip as I pointed my camera that had night vision at him, "Smile sweet heart - you're on camera"

"Cam, you're with her" 

I chuckled as Will split the group into two, him and Luke, me and Cam.

And then we split up, which we really shouldn't have done.