"Anyway, mother," I called. She turned to me. "What is it, sweetie?"

I took the locket out and showed it to her. "Oh, my goodness. That is so beautiful! Did Kris give it to you?"

"What? No!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Didn't you give it to me?"

"No, sweetie. It's my first time seeing this locket." She said then smiled knowingly. She even wiggled her eyebrows.

I just stared blankly at her. There's no way Kris could've given it to me. It was inside the box.

"He's not courting you, right?" My father gave me the look.

"No, father. He's not." I rolled my eyes. The three of us looked at each other.

*Crickets chirping*

The three of us just stood there awkwardly. I cleared my throat. "So, I should be get going."

"Uh, yeah," my father rubbed the back of his neck.

When I was about to close the door, I told them, "Don't worry. I'll knock next time."

I passed by Josh's room. It was quiet, so I figured out that he's already asleep.

On my way to my room, I saw Jake walking in my direction. The picture of my parents making out suddenly flashed in my mind. I'm okay with them giving each other a peck on the lips, but making out? Noooo.

I shuddered involuntarily. Jake stared at me with wide eyes, and I stared back.

"You're not being possessed, are you?" Jake took a step back, ready to run away.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you talking about?"

He sighed in relief. "Well, I thought you were being possessed because you suddenly shook like you have an epileptic seizure."

"Well, you would be shaken up if you saw what I saw." I said, looking at him seriously.

"W-what did you see?" His eyes growing wide again.

I was laughing hysterically in my mind. I bet he's thinking that I saw a ghost, except Kris of course.

I ignored what he said and made up something. "You know, she said she needed someone to talk to. She also said that she prefers to talk to a guy." I stalked towards him.

"S-she? Who's she?" He stuttered and gulped audibly.

He's scared, alright.

"She's right here." I said when I was in front of him and widened my eyes in a creepy way. He screamed as expected. I lunged at him before he could get away.

We both rolled on the floor. He ended up lying on his stomach, and I was sitting on top of him. I was about to tell him something scary, but someone spoke.

"Oooh, incest!" Jake and I looked at the intruder.

It was Kris. That perv! Oh, he's still in human form by the way. Maybe he's afraid that mom would get upset if she didn't see him and would assume that he left without a word like last time.

"Kris! Help me! Kylie's possessed!" Jake thrashed beneath me.

Kris looked at me then frowned at Jake. "What the heck are you talking about?"

Kris looked at me again, and I sent him a signal to just go with the flow. His lips formed an O when he got what I meant.

He then looked at Jake. "Jake, you're in a very dangerous situation right now."

"What?" He sputtered. "Bro, help me!"

"Sorry, Jake. The evil spirit is too strong for me." Kris slowly shook his head sideways with a pained expression.