One|The Day They Met

3rd Person POV

Melanie and Trey we're in Trey's room reading comic books, when they we're bored they would read comic books because well nothing was going on in their lives, actually the two knew everything about each other, and everything that went on in their lives, everything. Like how Trey knew about her love for art, her passion for acting, and all her hidden talents. Boredom wasn't a common thing between the two best friends, they usually had something to talk about, wether it was about buying new clothes or even what they ate for breakfast they had something to talk about. So Trey being bored asked a questioned and that's how we got here.

"Hey Mel. Do you remember the day we met?" He asked, as she looked at him as if he was stupid. Confusing him completely.

"How could I forget? We literally have a scrap book." Melanie answered with an eye roll.

"And we have these." She pointed to the two necklaces on her neck him having the other pieces to them. (In the media)

"Oh yeah." Trey said in realisation.

"It was like yesterday that we became best friends." They said at the same time.

They smiled at each other and busted out laughing. They we're truly best friends and a force to be reckoned with.

Flashback[Melanie age 6]

Melanie never had many friends, she thought she didn't need them, she only needed herself or that's what she thought. Seeing her mother be left by so many guys had taught her she shouldn't trust people so easily, or she'll end up like her mother, hurt and that's something she didn't want. She didn't jump into friendships like other kids, but other kids wanted to be her friend. She was smart, she was sarcastic yet nice, she was beautiful, even some of the boys thought so but she only seen it as an admiration, they we're too young to know what love is. All together she was the beautiful, mysterious six year old that sat in the back and tried not to get noticed. Till one day Trey Anderson made it his job to become her friend. For example, sitting beside her in class, sitting with her at lunch, sitting with her on the bus, it was just endless. It was lunchtime and Trey sat across from her while she kept her eyes on her book not even sparing him a glance.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, but she ignored him.

"I said hey!" He shouted waving his hand in her face.

"Will you stop that?!" She asked clearly annoyed.

"I just wanted to talk to you, jeez." He muttered but then looked up to see her reading.

"What are you reading?" He asked, honestly everyone was curious about what she reads.

She sighed annoyed and closed her book knowing she wouldn't get any reading done.

"What do you want Anderson?" She asked glaring at the boy.

"I wanted to get to know you better."

"Okay what do you want to know?" She asked.

"I'll just ask some questions and you answer them."

"Fine." She said running a had through her hair.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Why?"

"Because I've always wanted blue eyes."

"What's your favorite thing to do?"

"Read."

"Why?"

"Because my father used to read to me." She answered her voice cracking a bit.

"What's your favorite animal?"

"Bunnies."

"Why?"

"I had a bunny once, her name was Fluffy."

"Okay. What's your dream?"

"To become a writer."

"Why?"

"Because I've always wanted to be a writer. I loved books, I have so many favorite authors and I guess I wanted to be liked them."

"You wanna know my dream?" He asked.

"No. But I have a feeling your going to tell me."

"I want to be your friend." He said and she was shocked. No one had even given her the time of day.

"Why?"

"Because you seem like the type of person that doesn't believe in friendship, but I'm going to change that. I promise." He answered making her smile at him. For the first time it wasn't a scowl or any annoyed look it was a real smile.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise."

"You wanna come over after school?" Trey asked.

"Sure."

End of flashback.

3rd Person POV

"I'm glad you came along Trey. Without you I'd still be in the dark." Melanie confessed.

"And without you, I wouldn't have my best friend." He returned with a smile.

She couldn't help but blush. Oh how she was in love with him.

'But he'll never understand. We're just best friends.' She thought.

Oh how he was in love with her.

'But she'll never understand. We're just best friends.' He thought.

'Just best friends.'

____________________________

Word Count: 824

I feel like this chapter sucked so tell me what you think also her are the lockets
Melanie: Robin
Trey: Batman

Melanie: First Half
Trey: Second Half

Melanie: First HalfTrey: Second Half

Stay on the wildside!