Romero - highlights

This is the highlight/teaser reel of what you can expect if you download the entire book on Amazon!

Charles has a friend visiting in a few weeks. He's a highly ranked officer and—"

"Pat, you said you wouldn't do this again."

"Will you let me finish?"

Her sister would never stop trying to set her up with her husband's highly ranked friends. Just like with her education and her career, Pat was such a control freak.

Who was Isabel kidding? Pat wasn't going to take no for an answer. "When?"

***

"Izzy!"

She glanced around, spotting him at the bottomof the escalator. Romero stood there in jeans and snug black t-shirt.

"Fancy meeting you here." He reached his hand out to make sure she didn't trip on that last step. "So you don't have plans for tonight?"

"Um ... well—"

"Good. Let's go grab something to eat."

***

Halfway through her explanation, she'd begun to rethink telling Romero all this, especially since she still wasn't sure exactly what he did for a living. He might take offense to her sister being so particular about the guys she set her up with.

The waitress set the new beer in front of Romero, and he took a swig. "Well, good luck finding Mr. Perfect based on a fucking rank or degree."

Andthere it was. She definitely wasn't asking him what he did for a living now.She didn't want him to think she was judging him.

***

Romero immediately noticed how men turned to look at Isabel. Some blatantly checked her out, even as he stood next to her holding her hand. It was fucking irritating. One guy flat out smiled at her, and she smiled back, looking away quickly. "You know him?" The question flew out without thought.

***

Hepulled a few strands of it away from her face, and she looked up at him. Onelook at her lips and he was done. Fuck this. He leaned in and kissed her, softlyat first, not sure what to expect, but she parted her lips, and he went for it,kissing her deep.

***

"Hey, Art." Romero turned to see her smiling face. "Tomorrow? Yeah, I'd love that. I know. I miss you so much too."

Romero dropped her hand, and she glanced at him again. A heat, different from any he'd ever felt, flooded his insides. She brought her hand to her ear as the crowd started cheering again. "I can't hear you, Art. I'll call you when I get home." She hung up.

"Who's Art?"

"My brother." Romero literally felt the heat drainaway.

***

Thekisses were getting heavier, but Isabel was hesitant to take it any further. At the same time, thinking about an exclusive relationship with him made her even more nervous. How could he possibly fit into her world?