11 | Joyride

Chapter Eleven: Joyride

Just as Malfoy was drifting into sleep, he felt a hand touch his shoulder and shake him gently. He looked up and saw only Harry's head above his bed. Slightly shocked, he bolted upright and gave the Golden Boy a rather concerned face.

"It's an Invisibility Cloak, anyways, are you coming?" Harry asked, head motioning toward the door.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm coming." Draco replied, still looking slightly bewildered, but he tossed off his covers nevertheless. Draco slipped into a pair of shoes, and soon both boys headed out of the dormitory, stopping at the exit of the common room.

"You'll have to squeeze under here with me if you don't want to get caught." Harry whispered.

"Of course I will. How do you want to do this?" The blonde replied with a sneer.

"Well I was thinking if I gave you a piggy back, then you wouldn't have to try and walk at the same time as me. It'll also be easier to stay quiet if there's only one set of feet on the floor."

"Fair enough. That sounds reasonable to me. Do you think you can walk up all of the stairs with me on your back though?" Draco questioned.

"Well I am ripped, aren't I?" Harry smirked at the blonde and turned for Draco to climb on.

After Malfoy had successfully mounted himself onto Harry's back, they tossed the cloak over themselves and started making their way to the Room of Requirement.

Once they reached the blank wall, Harry whispered the words he had both times before, and watched as the doors to the Room of Requirement formed before them. Harry opened the doors and slipped them inside, pulling off the invisibility cloak once the doors were shut.

"You can get off now Malfoy."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." The blonde replied, sliding off of Harry's back.

"So, how do you intend to help me Malfoy?" Harry asked, folding up his cloak and placing his wand on top of it.

"Well, um. I probably should've thought about this earlier..." Malfoy responded, his cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink.

He's so cute when he's blushingggg Harry thought momentarily, but soon shoving it out of his brain. He was going insane. Malfoy wasn't cute.

"Yeah, you probably should've," Harry replied, rolling his eyes in amusement. He tried to pretend he wasn't still flustered over how cute Malfoy was. "Oh well. But what do you wanna do? Because if you aren't going to be helpful I may just do what I always do."

"Do you mind if I just watch for a little while? You know, to see what you're capable of. Then maybe I can try to help." The blonde answered.

"Er, sure. Okay. That seems reasonable enough." Harry replied kind of awkwardly. He was very unused to how civil and even... friendly Malfoy was being.

The blonde nodded and Harry just stood in front of him for a second.

"What are you waiting for, Potter?" Draco asked.

"Erm, could you... Look at the door or something? I have to take my clothes off before I shift." The brunette asked, feeling himself blush a little this time.

"Oh! Oh yeah, okay," Malfoy replied, turning around. "Go ahead."

While the blonde studied the intricate designs on the doors he was now staring at, he felt the overwhelming urge to just turn around. He didn't want to invade Harry's privacy, he was just curious... Like, did he have those cute little dimples at the base of his spine? Was the skin on his whole body as tan as his face and arms? Did he have any little freckles in weird places? He just wanted to know.