Chapter Twenty-Two

Holy shit don't kill me

As consolation for this late as fuck chapter (even though it's like... nearly 8 thousand words long) I'll tell you a little pointless fact about the unimortant background of this story:

Jake's favorite number is nine because that's the number of spots his pet bunny had when he was younger.

(His bunny's name was Chad)

<><><><><>

I awoke to the feeling of Kenyen shaking me. Squeezing my eyes tighter, I burrowed closer into his warm chest. He was slightly elevated, probably trying to sit up, but I grasped onto him even tighter.

"Jake, come on," he groaned, attempting to pry my arms from his torso.

"No, stop it," I grumbled, hugging one of his legs between my thighs.

"Jake, it's Tuesday, you have classes, remember?"

"Don't wanna."

"Jake," he groaned again, this time closer to a whine.

"Stop it."

"No."

"Yes."

"Get off me, I'm not going to let you skip your classes." This time, he managed to push me onto my back and actually pry my hands from around his waist. I whined, squeezing my eyes shut so tight I saw stars. He had grasped my wrists in both hands and raised them above my head.

"Open your eyes," he demanded.

"No."

"Jake."

I whined again, shaking my head like a toddler. If I opened my eyes, the light would break in and take this away from me. I didn't want to do anything, I didn't want to move or go to school or open my eyes if it meant Kenyen would be taken away from me. We stayed in silence for a few minutes, me enjoying the tight darkness and the feel of Kenyen's skin against my own; his heart beat shuddering through his thin t-shirt, his heat enveloping my body and mind.

He sighed and let go of my wrists, rolling off of me until I could no longer feel him, though the mattress was still distressed; he hadn't left me completely yet.

"Why are you doing this?" His frustrated grumble was muffled, most likely his head was in his hands.

Still keeping my eyes shut tightly, I reached my hands out, searching for his heat. He was sitting on the edge of his side of the bed, his legs hanging over. I wrapped my arms securely around his waist and buried my face in his back. I could feel the bumps of his spine against my lips, his muscles against my hands.

"I wanna stay here," I whispered. "With you."

He paused for a moment, the silence filling the room. It was almost enough to force me to open my eyes, but before I was able Kenyen chuckled lightly.

"Are you sure?" he asked. I felt his rough hand envelop my own, the heat making my heart race in my chest. I was so close I was almost certain he could feel my heartbeat stutter through my t-shirt. I held onto him tightly, feeling his soft shirt through my fingers.

"Yeah. One sick-day won't kill anyone."

His back vibrated as he chuckled, making me brake out into a smile that I couldn't help. "Fine," he sighed, pulling my arms from around him so he could curl back under the covers. Once he was comfortable, I wrapped my arms around him once more, pressing my face into his chest. He was so warm and comforting, I felt my mind drifting off to sleep in no time.