Chapter 22 - Half Brothers

Start from the beginning

"So you must be Lewis then, the future alpha king." Chace's mate stood up too and greeted me with a curtsy. "It's an honour, your highness." She looked at me with such intensity, and her brown curls framed that jade green eyes that seemed to be cutting into my skin.

"As am I. But I'm afraid I can't stay for more chattering so please, enjoy yourselves." I walked away with Sawyer in tow, back to my room.

"You did a good job. I thought you'd flatten his face for one moment." Sawyer said. "I just don't want to get my hands dirty." I replied.

I looked over at all the info the trackers gathered for over a month. I rubbed my face tiredly. "How is it on his side?" Sawyer sighed and answered hesitantly. "Keith has no lead too."

How am I supposed to find you when I don't have a single clue on where you are right now? Why did you leave me when I was beginning to trust you with my heart? Why..?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pack run occurred on the second night of their return and most of the werewolves were already assembled. The pack warriors, trackers, hunters and few others. There were some shewolfs in the mix too; Chace and Sawyer's mate both present. Men were all in their pants and shirtless.

The alpha king emerged from the mass and stood in front of the pack.

"Tonight, we run in celebration for my sons return after 4 long years. Now, show me the prowess of the Royal pack!" The crowd roared, energetic for the run. The alpha king shifts first, into his dark grey wolf, huge in size. Then the rest followed, as did his three sons, their pants shredded into pieces. The first howl from the king triggered a wave of howls from the pack, and they sprinted off into the forest.

Their paws thundered the grounds and the snarls and growls rumbled in their chests, competitiveness built in every werewolf. The alpha king leaded the run and ran fast for his age. I stayed behind him with ease, and kept at a pace as to not overtake his father.

A grey wolf in front, and another one catching up. He snarls and snapped his jaws at me before sprinting ahead. But I caught up with him anyway.

"Dear brother.. Competing me for everything aren't you?" Chace's voice sounded in my head. "Be sure to keep up then."

"Only a coward would challenge someone lesser than him. Don't you agree?" Chace growled menacingly and tackled me to the ground, sidetracking us from the whole pack.

"I, am better than you! I will always be better than you!!" His wolf was as large as mine, and his jaw came biting on my neck in a tight grasp. "You're too fucking weak to be father's heir, bastard. You're the one who's coming in between OUR family." 

"Lewis!!" Sawyer's wolf was snarling loudly, ready to pounce on Chace. I growled at him and he took two steps back.

I pushed his heavy body off of me before we started to circle around each other, growling like fighting dogs in a pit. We dashed towards each other at the same time and crashed, snapping and biting at any chance given. Furs were torn off and claw marks inflicted. Finally my jaws clamped around his hind legs, near his stomach and I tasted blood while he wailed in pain.

"ENOUGH!!" The alpha king. I loosen my jaws and growled. I noticed some of the werewolves were starting to crowd around behind the king. Right now, I must seem like the dangerous beast who attacked that whimpering bitch first.

The alpha wolf growled angrily at us and I stopped my noises, refusing to lower my head to him. I did nothing wrong.

"You both are a disgrace to me. Get out of my sight!" He shouted through the mindlink. I happily complied and sprinted off while Sawyer followed me. We reached the mansion in no time and I shifted back and took some pants from the stack that what prepared beforehand. Sawyer did the same.

"If you're wondering, I'm fine Sawyer." I snapped at him when he continued to tail me.
"You should go to the pack doc-"
"I said, I'm fine. Go back to your mate." I walked quickly to my room and slammed the door shut.

"You should have beaten the shit out of that prick. He's the same.. as he was when he was a kid." Roger said.
"If I do, I will stoop to his level."

I took a deep breath and recomposed myself. I will not lose control over him. Not today. I chanted those words in my head, not aware that my hands were clutched tightly in a fist.