First

We can't ever let this issue pass without including a feature on one of our favorite Preview couples! Several years back, the two of them were part of separate covers (Mika for June 2015 and Jeron for February 2016) and they once attended the Preview ball together... as friends. We're guessing that was just a 'preview' of what's in store few years after... Because the Tengs (yep, I know you can't get over the fact that we're calling them as one. We feel you, fellow Jemiks!) just celebrated their first year as a married couple!

Jeron currently plays for the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters as a shooting guard. He was also part of the national team who won the gold last year in the FIBA Asia Championship. Mika, on the other hand, is a middle hitter for the F2 Logistics Cargo Movers. She's one of the 14 amazing women who represented our country and proudly landed a second place finish in the 30th Southeast Asian Games.

But before being champions in their own right, the towering former La Salle stars used to be two cute little kids who grew up together... yet separately. And now, together (in the deepest and truest sense of the word), they establish a healthy home built on faith, teamwork and love.

Read on and find out more!

How did you two meet?

J: It wasn't really by choice. (laughs) Tadhana siguro.

M: (turns to Jeron) Corny nito. But I have to agree, I guess. (smiles) Kasi when I was born, andoon na siya. Friends kasi parents namin. And our houses were like only a street away from each other. Kaya ayun.

J: They were really good friends. Business partners, even. I mean, I was kind of expecting nga na arranged to be married kami. But our story turns out to be different.

So you guys clicked right from the start?

J: (smiles nervously)

M: NO. As in. Bata pa lang kami, bad trip na ako sa kanya. He always made me cry.

--- Flashback ---

"Araaayyy!", Mika, who only stood 3 feet, shouted when she felt someone pull her hair.

She was just sitting quietly on the swing by the playground inside their subdivision prior to the intrusion.

"Hahahahahaha! Buti nga sayo!", a familiar little boy laughed while pointing at her. He had chinky eyes that almost disappeared as his smile grew wider.

"Ikaw na naman? Isusumbong kita kay Mama!", Mika shouted back before running home.

"Pikon! Iyakin!", Jeron shouted.

As soon as Mika started running, a cute genuine smile formed on the little boy's face.

"Sana next time, makapag-play na tayo together.", Jeron said, looking towards her direction.

---

Mika got home and went straight to the kitchen where she saw her mother making cookies.

"O anak! Anong nangyari? Bakit ka umiiyak?", her mom bent down and held her face lovingly.

"Eh kasi Mama! Si Ron-Ron po! Inaaway na naman ako! Hinila niya po yung hair ko!", Mika cried.

Baby could only smile while shaking her head. She took a clean towel and wiped little Mika's wet cheeks. She then brushed the strands of hair that fell in front of her daughter's face.

"Halika nga dito.", she said softly while pulling her daughter closer.

"Alam mo ba kung bakit niya ginawa yun?", she asked, staring straight at her little girl.

"Bakit po?", Mika responded while pouting.

"Kasi... crush ka niya."

--- End of Flashback ---

Author's Note:

Sticking with this ship. :) Short story lang, mga 21 minutes, char! XD

This is supposed to be an interview in June of 2021 ^^ If you have questions for them, pwede niyong i-comment then I'll see kung masisingit ko siya sa outline ko without disrupting the storyline :)

Happy lang, alam niyo na ending :)