Chapter 8

The boys were climbing the rope, I was laughing at them, I was much quicker than them. Now they don't let me climb the rope. Henry was sitting away from the rope watching too. Then I see one of the lost boys smack him with a spear from behind, Henry said" ow." The lost boy said" so you're the kid Pan has been looking for all this time?" Henry said" ask him." The lost boy swipes the spear nearly hitting Henry, Henry said" stop it!" The others stop cheering and laughing to look at the two, the lost boy said" if you can't take this... How you gonna handle what Pan has in store for you?" Henry looks at a stick, yes, he grabs it and blocks the hits from the lost boy, Peter shows up, Peter said" not bad. But wouldn't it be more fun if you had real swords?" Henry said" I've... Never used a real sword." Peter said" this is NeverLand, and you have the heart of the truest believer. You can use whatever you want. You just need to believe, Henry." He leaned down next to him, talking to him, then Henry makes the wooden sword to a real one, and he fights the lost boy, chopping off the wooden sword, Then he cut the lost boy's face, we all cheered for Henry.

I had to go hunting with a lost boy, but Peter did let me hug him, so a deals a deal right. We saw a pig, he went in for the kill, when a trap fell on him, three women came out, I ran out to help him, he got out while I sat down next to him, he said" what are you doing? Are you trying to start a war with Pan?" A blonde haired woman said" Pan started the war when he kidnapped my son." The black-haired woman said" but that doesn't make you our enemy." The lost boy, Devin, said" what's that?" The woman said" chocolate. I thought you'd might like the taste of something sweet." The blonde-haired woman said" we don't wanna hurt you. We just need you to deliver a message to Henry." Devin said" why should I help you?" The blonde-haired woman said" Because you had a home and a family once and you stopped believing you could get back to them. Now we're here. We can help -- not just Henry, all of you. We can get you home." Home, old home, means orphanage. Devin takes the chocolate from the other woman and then throws it, he said" don't you get it? I'm here because I don't want to go home. None of us do." The blonde-haired woman said" Pan's a monster. Look what he did to you." Devin held out his arm for me, I wrapped my arm around his, I said" Peter didn't do that, Henry did."

The blonde-haired woman pinned Devin to a tree, Devin said" it's too late! Henry is a lost boy now! Your boy is one of the most vicious new recruits we've have had in ages!" I looked at Devin, why is he lying? Henry isn't vicious, he's hardly done anything. I said" Henry-" Devin said" shut it, little lost girl! Or I'll tell Pan!" I jumped from his loud voice, causing my magic to jump, and I made a vine wrap around me then I made myself disappear. I appeared back at camp, the lost boys looked at me, shaking their heads. I said" I'm stuck! Someone help!" I felt someone grab my shoulders, I said" who's that?" I heard Henry say" it's me, Henry. Here, hold still, I'm help you." He cut me loose, and pulled the vines off me, he said" there, what's your name?" I said" Lucy." He said" how old are you?" I said" 10." He nodded, saying" I'm 11." I walked off, knowing Devin would be back soon.