Birthday Wishes Again

I creep into the boys' dormitory, careful not to make a sound. It's early morning, so no light comes through the widow to help guide my way. I edge carefully through the room, not wanting to knock anything over. I pass a familiar sound of snoring, and I know I'm beside Sirius' bed, which means James' bed is next.

     I can barely make out the outline of James' bed and his sleeping form, but that's plenty. I tiptoe forward and pounce. I land on top of him with my hands pressed against his back. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

     He must act instinctively because next think I know he's grabbed my ankle and tugged, pinning me underneath him. He squints without his glasses. "Merlin, Lils," he mutters, but I see a grin tugging at the corner of his lips. 

     "What's going on?" I hear someone ask. I can't tell which of the boys it is because the voice is too thick with sleep.

     "Nothing," James answers. "Go back to sleep."

     James fumbles for something on his bedside table. I can't turn to see what he is doing because I'm still pinned beneath him. Suddenly, his wand is point at my throat and he mutters, "Silenceo."

     I open my mouth to yell a string of profanities at him, but not a single sound comes. I narrow my eyes at him and mouth 'You are so dead.' He smirks at me. "Even if I do this?" 

     He covers my lips with his own. Moving them slowly, taking his time kissing me. He slowly explores my mouth with his tongue. Okay, I'm not mad anymore. I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer, feeling myself melt against him. His arms tighten around me, securing me in place. He moves his lips from my mouth and kisses along my jaw. He moves to my neck, taking his time. I feel a longing in the pit of my stomach, and I know if my voice wasn't silenced, a moan would escape my lips.

     He moves his lips next to my ear. "I love you, Lily Evans. You're the best birthday present I could ever ask for."

     I open my mouth to respond but no sound comes out. I remember his stupid charm. He looks at me perplexed, and I jab a finger at my throat. He chuckles and mutters the counter curse. I feel a swelling in my throat, as if my voice is settling in again.

     "I love you too, James Potter," I whisper.

     "Since it's still ungodly early, can I please get some sleep before the day starts?" He asks throwing me a smirk.

     "I suppose," I say.

     He shifts to his side, tucking me against his chest. "What are you doing?" I whisper.

     "You're staying with me of course," he whispers back. "It's my birthday remember?"

     I snuggle into his chest and drift off.

     I awake to something poking my back. I roll over and swat at whatever it is. The poking continues, but this time on my face. I swat at it again, but still the poking persists. I throw my eyelids open and come face to face with Sirius, only inches away.

     "Ahh!" I rocket up and out of James' arms. 

     "What?" James demands shooting up as well.

     "I must say, Prongs, I'm disappointed," Sirius says mockingly, standing up right. "You have a girl in your bed, and already I have her screaming louder than you do." A smirk crosses his lips, and the gleam in his eyes tells me he's very proud of his joke. 

     I roll my eyes. James just smirks and replies, "Shove off, Black."

     I get out of bed and say, "I'll see you idiots at breakfast."