chapter 2

The rest of the day my head spun with thoughts of Harry and my nightmare. How was he in my dream? i know that it wasn't one of those stupid dreams where it involves a person you've seen and then your brain adds that person into a situation in your dream and if it was, where had i seen him before? last time i checked i've never been to England and Elle says he only arrived yesterday so the likely hood of me seeing him previously was a big fat 0.

Every time i blinked i saw his green eyes and the way they stared at me with such arrogance and mischief. They were dark, but so compelling. his voice rang in my ears, love, that word sent shivers down my spine makes me feel sick in my stomach.

"Earth to Ade," said Elle waving her hand in front of my face, "what's up with you today?" "what? oh sorry I'm a bit distracted." i said as i took a sip of my milkshake.

we were at a small corner cafe having something to eat. it was a place Elle and i regularly ate at after school before we walked home.

"you've been like this ever since you bumped into Harry," "only because you pushed me!" i complained before taking another sip, "i know why," she said a smirk appearing on her face, "why?" i mumbled my mouth full of milkshake, "because you have a crush on him." she said in a sing song voice. My eyes grew wide as chocked on my drink , "me? have a crush on him?" i shook my head a slight chuckle escaped my lips. Elle nodded, "don't worry everyone does," she said as the waitress brought our food, "maybe it's because he's so mysterious," she said covering her plate of chips in ketchup, "Jenna West sits next to him in biology and she says he only answers her with yes or no's" "strange." i said taking a bite out of my burger. she nodded as she put a chip in her mouth, "oh i forgot to tell you!" she said, a mouth full of chips, "Elliot is having a party this weekend at his parents boat house." Elliot is the school jock and always has parties when his parents are out of town. "

"speaking of Elliot here he comes now." she said tilting her head in his direction. He came walking to our table one hand in his football jersey, he is good looking i have to admit but he isnt the brightest spark and all he can ever talk about is sports

"hey ladies," he said smiling as he sat next to me in the booth, "hi" Elle and i said unison. i took another sip of my milkshake and then turned towards him, "so are you coming to my party tomorrow?" he ask raising an eyebrow, "yes." Elle said before shooting me a look to answer as well, "um, maybe." i mumbled looking down at my empty glass. i felt Elle kick me under the table, "well it's going to be amazing." he aid leaning closer towards me, "especially if you're there."

Elliot's friends called him back to their table,"hope to see you there." he winked at me before walking back to his table the same way he came- one hand in his varsity jacket.

"you have to go now!" Elle stated. i raised my eyebrow at her, "especially after him flirting with you like that!" "he was not flirting with me." was he? the most popular guy in the whole school flirting with me of all people? impossible.

Elle rolled her eyes, "do you realize how many guys would fall at your feet to go on a date with you?" she questioned. i shook my head ," exactly my point."

After we split the bill and left the cafe Elle kept nagging me about asking my mom, "for the umpteenth time i'm not gonna ask her!" i said throwing my hands up. She muttered something and crossed her arms over her chest, "the worst she can say is no," she said in a matter-of-fact tone, i sighed running a hand through my hair, "fine." i muttered as we arrived at my house. she clapped her hands like a two year old. we said our goodbyes and she carried on walking to her house.

"mom i'm home!" i yelled as i closed the front door, dumping my bag on the floor, "in the study!" she yelled back. i made my way down the hall to a small room with a floor to ceiling bookshelf filled with the "classics". she sat at the desk that was pushed against the window, typing away. she is the editor of the local newspaper and is lucky enough to be able to work from home.