Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

            I open my eyes and find him sitting up, running his hands through his hair before he gets up and storms his way to the bathroom, mumbling words I cannot make out but his tone is irritated.

            I lay silently for a few minutes until the bathroom door is thrown open and he comes back to the bed and lays back down. I glance over and find him looking up at the ceiling, his face now calm.

            “Your pleasant in the morning.” I tell him softly, a slight smile tugging at the corner of my lips and when he looks at me, a scowl on his face, it is replaced with a slight smile that he tries and hides.

            “Shut up.” He tells me as he turns his head upward once more, but I can still see his lips turning up slightly.

            We are silent for a moment, listening to the silence and the sound of each other breathing softly.

            “Welp, looks like you won’t be letting me get back to sleep so I guess we better get dressed.” He announces before sitting up, going to his closet.

            He rummages around and I sit up, the movements making my arm itch in the crease of my elbows and I look to them, seeing the bruised skin through the darkness.

            I pull my elbow up slightly and there is a strange, overwhelming feel running throughout my body. I press slightly at the bruise and I find that it is sore.

            The background noise of Xander rummaging through the closet has stopped and I look up and find him watching me, a pair of jeans and a gray t-shirt in his arms.

            “You can’t do it anymore.” He tells me softly but firmly.

            “I know.” I whisper.

            Be more careful with yourself sweetheart, stop putting yourself through all this.

             I wince at the sound of her voice in my head, the image of her standing right in front of me, telling me these words makes my heart ache.

            “I am getting in the shower.” He says breaking through my thoughts and I nod slightly before he disappears into the bathroom.

            The sound of the water turning on fills the silence I have been left in that overwhelms the empty bedroom.

            I sigh softly before leaning back onto the bed, my head falling comfortably into the pillows and I shut my eyes. I begin to drift into a lite sleep, dreaming of nothing and thinking of nothing. I feel my breathing begin to slow and my hand slides away from my stomach and onto the bed gently.

            The sound of the door clicking open slides in and out of my dreams. Soon I feel the bed dip beside me slightly and the smell of rain and cotton fills my nose strongly. I feel an arm slide around my waist and my eyes fly open, making me jerk away quickly from the sudden contact.

            “Whoa, its just me.” He says, smiling slightly although the emotions are on his face.

            “Sorry, you just scared me.” I tell him softly before laying back down and rubbing my face with my hands slightly.

            When I have opened my eyes again I find that he isn’t looking at me, but instead at the ceiling, his hand scratching his chest.

            I slide over slowly and rest my head on the crook of his arm that isn’t scratching his chest.  

            We are silent for a moment and I sit up slightly to see his face and I find his eyes shut and his lips parted slightly. His wet hair sticks out in odd directions as it dries and his long eye lashes curl upward slightly.

            His cheek bones were so sharp it was as if they were chiseled from marble, they look like they could shatter into a thousand pieces when he got angry and clenched his jaw.

But in his sleep, his jaw in not clenched, his eyes are not cold, and Xander Belk is for once, not causing trouble.

Hey there Readers!

I would have had this chapter up here sooner but Wattpad was having come problems. My profile has been messing up lately and having a lot of problems. I don't know if it is just mine or other people are experiencing the same problems.

But anyways, sorry for the late late update, that is my fault, not Wattpad's lol. I have been having some writers block and have been going through some personal problems lately...

Welp! Hope you like the chapter!

VOTE or COMMENT?

Thanks for reading! <3

-Zoe