Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

            “Get the hell up, your going to be late for school.”

            I take a deep breath when I feel him chest under my head that rests on his chest. I open my eyes groggily and look to the doorway where the light shines in.

            Marcus stands in the doorway stiffly, his eyes cold in a glare and I shrink back slightly.

            “Get the hell out, we aren’t going to school.” Xander snaps before turning over. The blanket pulls at his movement and his bare back shows, running down all the way to the waist line of his basketball shorts.

            “I can see her reasoning for not going but for you I see no excuses.” Marcus tells him, leaning against the door frame.

            “I’m not going to fucking school now get the hell out of my room and leave me alone prick!” Xander yells.

            Marcus smiles a sly grin.

            “Your certainly the morning person, were you going to talk to Cameron like that if she tried and woke you up?”

            “I swear to god, if you don’t get the hell away from me I am going-..” Xander begins to mumble but Marcus interrupts him.

            “Technically Little Brother, I’m not close to you.”

            “Get the fuck out of my room!” Xander yells, sitting up quickly and glaring at his brother.

            “Boys! Enough!” I hear Mrs. Belk call from downstairs and Marcus’s sly grin doesn’t fade.

            “Mom! Xander says he isn’t going to school!” Marcus calls and Xander watches him with a icy glare.

            “Well is Cameron staying home today?”

            “Yes mom. Now tell him to get the hell out of my school and his ass to school.” Xander yells, his voice grouchy.

            “Come on Marcus, your breakfast is ready.”

            Marcus gapes in the doorway, his grin fading and a glare much like the one he was giving me earlier surfaces.

            “You heard mom asshole, now go eat your breakfast.” Xander says in a mocking voice and Marcus slams the door. Xander throws himself back down on the mattress, making the whole bed shake underneath me.

            I stay sitting up for a moment before getting up and going to the bathroom. I brush my teeth with the toothbrush I had packed and go to the bathroom before walking back to the bed.

            I lay down again and force my eyes closed, begging sleep to come because I know I will be bored out of my mind if I don’t fall asleep now.

            Xander will be out for hours.

            Just as I am thinking this he turns over roughly, shaking the bed again. He huffs a view breaths as he pulls at the blankets and then goes still.

            I peak out of my eyes and find him laying on his stomach now, his eyes shut and hands on his chest and stomach.

            I shut my eyes all the way once more before I feel sleep pulling me in as I begin to drift into sleep.

            Then he turns over again, shaking the entire bed once more, letting out more frustrated huffs of air before the blankets are thrown away and a chill surrounds my legs as the blankets are torn away.