Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of vibrating, my phone.

I check to see it is, nobody? shit, I set my alarm for the wrong time. I read the time, 3:38 a.m. Great, now i'll be even more tired than i was.

My mom and I are nothing alike. Except for one thing, we have sensitive feelings. My mom has blonde hair and green eyes while I am a cherry brunette with blue eyes. Everyone tells me that I used to look like my dad.

Until he passed away 3 years ago... I still remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the day before christmas eve. He was diagnosed with cancer for 6 years before that but i never knew it was as bad as it was. He was also an alcoholic, which made things even worse.

He kept getting worse day by day and angrier each day. Then, the day he died, i was sitting by the christmas tree organizing ornaments when my mom told me she'd be right back. I didnt have a clue where they had gone but i was 13 at the time. (im 16 now) When my mom came back without my dad, i kept asking and asking where he was but my mom refused to tell me. she didnt want to ruin my christmas.

The day after christmas i bawled and bawled in my room for days. Eventually i got over it, but every now and then i just melt and let it all out crying for 30 minutes straight.

Everyday i think about how all the rest of the kids are so lucky to come home and be surrounded by a supporting loving family.But all i have is my mom who surprisingly makes a good amount of money to raise me.

I force my eyes to shut and get some sleep since i set my alarm for 3:30. Im definitely not a morning person. Fortunately it works.

My mom bursts open the door. "Wake up sleepyhead time for breakfast! Then you can pack for florida and hop in the shower."

My mom's work is getting moved to florida, not really excited about it. Life is hard enough at my old school and now i have to make new friends at a new school. Especially cause everyone already has friends in 11th grade. Whereas I, don't make friends as easily as other people.

"Thanks mom" i jump out of bed and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Welcome, and i'll be at work until 3 pm so be ready to go to the airport by then."

"Okay," I sigh.

She closes my bedroom door and drives off to work.

I've had a couple boyfriends before. Most of my friends are guys from the "jock gang" even though i hang out mostly with alina in the library. Alina always tells me that every guy would want me if I was popular. I never took it as insult because i was fine with my friends.

I open my curtains as my phone rings.

"Hello?" I say.

"I dont want you to leave" I can immediately tell who it is because of her voice, alina, my best friend since 2nd grade. Shes really my only friend besides a couple other close friends. I check the caller id just to make sure its her.

"I know me either.." I wait for her answer.

"Just wanted to say you better not replace me," she laughs.

I giggle, "I won't! Trust me."

"I'll miss you!"

"I'll miss you too, bye," I smile even though she can't see me.

she hangs up and i go in the shower.