Chaapter 32 - Collision

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry I lost control." His voice sounded scared. I sank slowly to the floor. My legs were just too weak to support me.

"It's fine."

"It's not fine. I could have really hurt you."

"I'm fine Adrian." My fingers caressed his cheek before I leaned in and gave him a kiss. It was brief, but I wanted to let him know I was okay and that it was okay for him to lose control.

"I'll draw you a bath."

"Okay."

While he made himself busy with drawing me the bath I tried to clean up myself. There was some blood. I checked again to see if it was a mistake, but it wasn't. I was bleeding. I struggled to my feet after wiping away the blood, but I didn't have time to hide the evidence before Adrian returned.

"You're bleeding?" His face became pale.

"I'm fine. Don't make a big deal out of it."

He didn't say anything more. He just picked me up and carried me to the bath. He still didn't say anything when he stripped me and placed me gently in the tub. I didn't have to ask. I knew he felt guilty about what happened just now. I also kept quiet.

Moving around was a little difficult because of the ache between my thighs. However, I had an image to maintain as Queen so there wasn't much I could do about it. The meeting was very important and I had to put my discomfort aside.

"You all know what this meeting is about and the importance of it. We'll meet with the kings of the south kingdom to go over the rules of the treaty that was signed between both kingdoms years ago. There will also be discussion of a possible alliance. The idea is to join both kingdoms, but we'll get into more about that later. Our guests are here."

We sat patiently waiting for them to be shown in.

"Where's Aria?"

"She went to put down something in our room," Blake answered."

We rose to our feet and bowed as they entered. They returned our bows. I was shocked to see only two of them. They were both hot. "Ehem." Adrian cleared his throat."Your majesties, thank you so much for coming all this way." I recovered quickly and gave them a welcoming smile. They gave a slight nod in acknowledgement. The more muscular one of the two studied me.

"You're a beauty aren't you?" I didn't like the way his eyes raked up and down my body, and from the murderous thoughts going through Adrian's mind, he didn't like it much either. "Thank you. Please, have a seat so we can get started." His eyes followed my every move. I felt uncomfortable. "Allow me to introduce everyone. I'm Alyssa. This is my mate Adrian."

"You don't need to do all that. I already know who everyone is, and you're missing a sister."

The moment the words lefts his mouth Aria walked in. "I apologize for being late your majesties." The brother who had been silent this entire time head snapped in her direction. "Aria?" His brows furrowed. "Z...Zane?" They exchanged a look. "You two know each other?" Blake seemed to draw out the question in a threatening manner.

"Let's get the introductions out of the way, talk about business and leave anything non-related until afterwards shall we."

I was glad Adrian took charge of the situation. Blake's tone wasn't friendly and Aria looked guilty. Of course we went ahead with the introductions so that everyone would be more comfortable. The room was thick with tension. It was coming mostly from Blake. Aria seemed to have gotten over her shock and was glaring daggers at the brother who I learned was called Zane. I wasn't even sure she noticed anybody else in the room but him.