1

Darkness surrounds the car as I clench the steering wheel, I had to escape. I just had to, after Jay had attacked me I needed to get out of the house. The memories would still scratch at my skull, peeling back the yellowed bone of my thoughts until all that was left was Jay's cold eyes staring into mine. Lucky for me, Jay had no idea whatsoever as to how to handle a gun but my heart still races.
I never should have let him have those tapes, know about the Operator. About my brief encounter with it at the very least, not a violent one but still enough to drive Jay over the edge.
I try to stay awake as I pull into a cheaply decorated Motel, trying to make sense of things. I park the car and get out, stuffing the keys in my jacket pocket I stroll in. Ignoring the strange glances and getting a room for a night I scope out the place before I find it in the one story mess of a place and unlock my door, slipping in.

I am surprised to see the masked man waiting for me, ever since Jay pulled off his mask and proved it was Tim, an actor from my college movie I had been wary. Tim himself is all buddied up with Jay but the masked man occasionally helps me. Sadly, I prefer the silent company of his other half than my original friend.
He kneels on the bed, his knees poking up to his shoulders in his strange squat. His head tilts slightly, he silently puts a finger to his lips, with that he drops something onto the bed with the rumpled tanned a quilt, he then quietly climbed back from the open window, the light wind blowing into the cramped room.

"Hey! Wait!" I cried out in desperation, he was already gone by the time I got to the window. He always had a strange manner of moving, almost as if he was flying instead of walking. He was rough, violent sometimes but I had been mostly spared of the rage possessing Tim's other side.

I stand there in awe for a few seconds, my mind fuzzy from exhaustion. Curious, I trudged to the bed. After leaning over I realized that the small object was a tape, I groaned.
"I think I've had it up to here with these damn tapes" I mutter under my breath, I grab it quickly and shove it into my jacket pocket. It may be of use at a later date, perhaps it was another weirdly edited video starring the masked weirdo himself. You never know.
I take off my jacket, setting it on the bed. The room only consisted of a bed and a television which was good, I had enough distractions as it was. I pull the body camera off my chest, silently cursing under my breath. I had dropped my full sized one running from a trigger happy Jay.
I sigh, slipping off my shirt quickly and collapsing on the bed. My entire body seemed to shut down yet I couldn't sleep, I know I should. I am aware of the long years that are to come, my mind just races. The moment re-playing.

"Come on Alex," Jay urges as I trudge up the stairs, a small sweat breaking on my forehead. my breath shakes in and out as I am reminded over and over again by my own pounding heartbeat that I should have stayed indoors.

"Give me a second." I urge, my eyes rolling playfully though Jay's expression is not so playful. I don't know why he had called me to meet him, the incident with my movie had long since passed but Jay wanted to play detective and I couldn't say no.
I finally reach the top of the place, curious about the vaguely familiar place.

"Over there, it's over there." Jay urges, waving his hand casually to a random spot on the floor. Cautious, I slowly turn my back to Jay. I begin walking when I hear a click, I turn around and tense up when I see Jay muttering to himself and cursing at the gun.

"Did you just try to shoot me?"

I ask angrily, worry etching the back of my voice. Jay doesn't answer and cries out "Damn it!" He points the gun at me again, his normally lively eyes broken and tarnished by the inner workings of his mind. He shoots again, this time a bullet hits the wall behind me. I let out a shriek and duck out of the way as quick as I can. My glasses fall to the floor and I squint at Jay, making out another tan and white figure behind him. I just about cry out before I see the shape seem to attack Jay. I hear the gun fall to the floor and I grab my glasses, running as if the hounds of hell were biting at my ankles.
I shudder nervously, never before have I seen Jay act in such a frightening manner. Just seeing his eyes made me terrified of what thrashing beast lay behind them, I guess paranoia set in. Jay always had an overactive imagination, that's what I liked about him since I first met the guy. I guess there are two sides to every coin.
I roll over, kicking off my shoes and pulling the covers over to me. As quick as everything else that has happened in the past few years, sleep takes hold of me.