THE WOLF INSIDE

For the past ten years of my life I knew there was something different, something that wasn't normal. When I asked my parents they would never tell me, they would say " my dear, when you are older we will tell you what you need to know." I never took them seriously.

Now that I am sixteen, my parents told me the secret I have been desperate to know. But know I know I want them to take it back, make it unsaid. My parents told me that i was was a... werewolf. I don't understand they don't exist, everyone knows that. They said every full moon they leave me to sleep and they just go out, I mean it's stupid, isn't it? Apparently they are very common and we keep our secret to ourselves. My parents say we have super senses, even when we're humans. I didn't understand what was going on my parents must be bluffing . "It's the truth sweetheart we're not making it up."  I didn't know what to say, I ran outside, I knew that I could smell things other could, and see and hear. But me being a werewolf what sort of explanation is that they're probably joking I should go back they're probably just playing games. No, they looked really serious, all of a sudden I found my legs running through the forest, tears drooling from my face. I stopped there was a weird smell coming from the side of me, this may sound weird but it smells like my parents. I ignored the smell I continued running, the scent seemed to be following me, I turned around " Who's there?"  I shouted. Nobody answered me, " Hello, who there's, answer me!" Leaves ruffled I turned around, a mysterious boy was standing there. " Who are you?, you smell like my parents" I whispered to myself. "I'm Harry, you smell like my old pack." How did he hear what I said, he's like me isn't he? " Have you're parents say anything about being a werewolf?" I said uncertainly. I stared at him and he stared back. " Yes, I ran away I didn't want to believe so I ran from them." I didn't understand he was so similar to me, it was hard to believe. In confusion, I started running I've always been really fast, so I must be able to get away from him. "Wait" he shouted, but then there was silence.

An arm grabbed, I tried to fight this strange person off, it was Harry. " How did you keep up with me?" I whispered, " it wasn't that hard, you know." Harry said. I looked at him, he didn't even look tired, he hadn't even broke a sweat. " I need to... to go home" I stuttered, I started running and wouldn't stop until I reached my house, There he was standing on the brink of the woods, watching me, I saw him mouth bye.

I walked through the door, my parents hugging me saying I've been gone for hours, but I didn't pay any attention, I walked into my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I sat down on my bed, I thought about Harry, we are both teen wolves...

When I went into school the next morning I went straight to our form room only Dani and Toby were there. "Millie, are you alright?" they asked, "I'm fine," I replied, Dani and Toby have been my best friends since Primary School,  I wanted to tell them my secret, but my parents said not to, so I'm definitely not going to tell them about Harry. Someone walked into class, I could smell him again. I turned around and there was Harry, " What are you doing here?" I randomly shout out, I didn't mean to,it just slipped out. "Sorry about Millie, she doesn't even know you and you are?..."Dani asked. "I'm Harry, nice to meet you." Dani looked at me and then at Toby " Well I'm Dani, this is Toby and this is... well Millie." Harry stars at the expression on my face, he knew that I didn't want Dani and Toby knowing that me and Harry have already met. He came and sat down next to me, "hi Millie, so that's you're name." He whispered gently in my ear. " Go sit somewhere else, Harry there are plenty of seats." I whispered aggressively." Fine, what did I do wrong?" he replied sounding offended. See that was the problem I didn't know what he did wrong, I just felt uncomfortable when he is near, I wanted him away from me. He was staring at me now, watching everything I do, I couldn't help but stare back something was different about him. Not just being a werewolf but in other ways as well. I turned round, as sir came into the room, " we have a new pupil today, Harry Woods." Sir obviously pointed to Harry, all Harry did was cover his face and tell sir to get on with it. I don't know but it made me laugh, everyone stared at me. " Something funny, Millie." I looked at sir " No Sir sorry sir." We were dismissed from form and just ran straight out of school, round to the back, nobody ever comes here. He was there behind me.