Chapter 1 - Story about him

Anne's story

Anne took a deep breath as her caravan moves closer to winterfell. She tries to smell the north air and learns to adapt in cold temperature. Sometimes, she look up from the window and take a glimpse how beautiful the north nature. It's really different with the south, especially King's landing where the flower grow up beautifully. But, something in the north make her familiar. Make her feel comfortable.

Even though she wanted to ride her horse than sit in the caravan with her mother and her sister and brother, her father didn't permit it. He said that better if she stay in caravan. Even though her twin brother, Arthur, help her to beg to their father, it was useless.

And now, here she is. Stuck with her mother whom always complaining about anything and doesn't smile much. Usually, Anne doesn't mind too much about her mother being sulky. And now, it starts to annoy her. She know well what behind her mother grudge.

Her father want to send Anne to marry Ned Stark first son.

Her father already told her before their journey to Winterfell. She didn't refused nor accepted. She hasn't known her soon-to-be husband yet. She can't judge anything before met him.

But it wasn't the only thing why Robert Baratheon and his family rode far away to the north. The king wanted ask Eddark Stark to be his new hand since Jon Arryn dead.

The Caravan stops when she hear one of her father soldier blow the horn. They will rest a little bit to relaxing the leg and feed the horses. Anne sigh in relieves when she walk out from the caravan. She sees her twin brother standing beside his horse.

"It is really annoying in fact that you can ride your horse and me must bear with mother grudges all the way to Winterfell,"Anne said.

Arthur laughs and pat his twin head dearly. "I think not that fact that makes you sulky. But the fact that you will be wed to unfamiliar northern man in near future. Am I right, sister?"

"Don't judge me like that, dear brother. As you know very well, it happens that I haven't known my betrothed yet. I can judge either like or dislike to him. I just pray that he is not hairy like most of northern men," Anne let out a sigh and stare at Arthur.

Arthur offers his arm to Anne and take her to walk near the camp. "It is not only you who must be wed in the future. I also bond to pact which our father made long time ago with the Tyrell."

Anne looks at Arthur in concern. As the king's children, their future already arranged. Arthur will be wed to margaery Tyrell, Joffrey will be wed to Sansa Stark, and Myrcella will be wed to Tristan Martell. Their father has responsibility to ensure the peace within Westeros. And the only thing to keep the peace by make a good relation to other houses.

"You know? It happens that I hear from our new soldier about Robb Stark,"Arthur said with huge smile in his lips. She knows better that his brother tries to make her curious and beg him for information.

"I don't care about it. It is best if I can evaluate him by myself. It's me who will be married,"Anne tries to avoid her curiosity.

"Really? You don't want the story? I guess it was useless then. I will keep my mouth shut then."

"How can our new soldier know about Robb Stark?"

Arthur grins meaningly to his sister. Maybe his sister can deny her curiosity in the mouth, but deep down inside her heart, Arthur knows that she want to know about Robb.

"Curious, don't you?"

"It is not like you think!"

"Oh yes it is,"Arthur keep teasing his sister. He knows damn well that his sister is worried about marriage with unknown man.

"Just tell me what you know about him! Please?" Anne ask Arthur with pleading eyes. Makes Arthur smile widely.

"How he looks? Well... he is handsome enough for you. The soldier tell me enough of his feature to make me imagine how he looks," Arthur starts to spill the story. He can see the little smile in Anne face when she hears that her betrothed is not ugly.

"What else?" Anne demands.

"He is one of the best swordsman in Winterfell beside his father and his bastard brother," Arthur continue the story. "And the soldier also mentioned that he is popular among the northern woman. They said that he is very kind and respect to woman."

Anne stops her step. She doesn't like the fact that his betrothed is popular. She wonders that all women in Winterfell would give him anything to be with him.

"Hei... easy. It doesn't mean that he is unloyal to you. He respect woman, not interest with playing with them. You can't judge him will be like our father, if it is you worried about."

"I am not judge him. I just hate the thought that he has many option to marry other girls beside me," Anne says with low tone. She worried that her appearance will displease his handsome betrothed. Or maybe there are so many northern girls who more beautiful than she is.

"Relax... i am sure that he will like you the moment he see you. Who can reject my beautiful sister?"

"I don't know. By the way, how can our new soldier know about Robb stark?"

"He was a wanderer once. He traveled to north and met the Starks. He knew Lord Eddark Stark too," Arthur answer his twin sister.

"I hope he also tell you about my intended," One familiar voice interrupt them. Anne stare at Joffrey whom standing not far from her and Arthur.

"Now tell me, did the soldier tell you about my bride?" Joffrey ask his older brother with disdain smirk in his face. Anne tries to press her anger even though her little brother smirk really encourage her to punch him.

"as far as I can tell, your betrothed is beautiful. She is a fine lady. Expert in stitch work, has manners, and act like real lady," Arthur said. He more patient that Anne to face Joffrey. Even though sometimes, Joffrey acts like he is the future king, but Arthur doesn't really care. People in the castle know that Arthur prefer live as a knight than a prince or future king.

"Good then. Maybe she can teach you some manner so you can't be annoying like now!" Anne cut off Joffrey before he can give some reply.

"Well... my beautiful sister... I can't wait to see you rot in the dirty and dark castle in Winterfell. Maybe your husband will bring home a bastard son just like his father. And you will cry out loud from the dark tower in Winterfell. People in King's Landing will forget that you ever live in south," a typical answer that Joffrey will said. Sometimes Anne wondering if they have different parent due to their different characters. Joffrey is cruel and happy to see people miserable. Luckily, he is born handsome, eventhough his eyes is full of ruthless.

"Well... I heard that my husband is best swordsman. Imagine what else can he do with his blades. Maybe cut off your blonde head from your body. I like to see that, little brother!"

"How dare you!" Joffrey slaps Anne in the face. She wants to give her little brother a punch in the face if Arthur not hold her hand.

"Anne! Joffrey!" their Father walk to them with dislike expression in his face. Clearly, he is displeased with his children argue. "What in the hell are you doing? Argue like hungry beast in the woods!"

Anne touch her cheek which still feel Joffrey's slap. She stares at Joffrey with hatred. She don't cry. She only can think a thousand ways to teach the little brother manners.

"And you Joffrey! If I see you slap your sister again, I will punish you right away!" King Robert shout in front his son face. "As for you Anne, I want you to act like proper lady. Don't make me embarassed in front of Ned Stark face. He is good friend of mine. And trust me, you are lucky enough to marry his son!"

Anne still doesn't speak or answer her father. She still stares to Joffrey. After a few moment, she let go of Arthur's hands and stares to father. "I ride for the rest of remaining journey. Don't worry, I will ride beside uncle Tyrion. You can ride in peace beside Joffrey and Arthur!" Anne give her father bow and then stare angrily to Joffrey before she walk away from her family.

#####

P.S : How is the first part? It's a little bit weird I think. Let me know your opinion!