Chapter1

It's fall, one of the season I loved. I love two of them, spring and fall. For me, it somehow feels like you can see birth and death cycle of a life. The flowers bloom everywhere you turn in spring representing birth while the quiet fall where the wise golden leaves fall representing the end of a life. The wind is blowing softly outside bringing along leaves that twirls before reaching the ground or some just falls flat. Either way, it's mesmerising. 

I'm looking outside through glass walls in the Starbucks while waiting for my chocolate latte. Meanwhile, Mia passes time by battling her eyelashes at the barista who, of course, flirts back. I rolled my eyes when she glances at me and mentally gagged when she battled her eyelashes again at him. Mia is not really a flirt; she just likes to have fun wherever she is. She's one of the prettiest girl our college and my best friend. We met at college as classmates and have been best friends for six years now. She have a little bit down the shoulder blond hair, doe like green eyes which she uses very well, heart shaped face and two inches taller than me. Gorgeous in short. She have a bright smile that is contagious, encourages you when you're down and never leaves your side, loyal. The reason I love her a lot. We work at the same place too.

I'm still watching the leaves outside when my eyes focused on something in the midst of the falling leaves and met a pair of blue eyes. On a clearer look, it's a guy. Locking eyes with him is like electric, I couldn't move my eyes from his. We made eye connection for like 2 second when I broke it abruptly because Mia here, decided had enough flirting and wanted to interrupt me checking out a hot guy. So, what did she do? Slap my arm not-so-gentle. 

"Ouch!". As soon I felt a stinging pain on my arm, I snap my head to her. 

"What that's for?", I scowled at her. 

"I got our drinks and we're going to be late to work.. if you decide to sit here and check out that guy". She flips her hair behind shoulder and stared at me innocently. 

"I wasn't checking out anyone ", I huffed. I grabbed my drink from her and took a sip of my chocolate latte while heading for the exit. 

"Sure, Jade." I hear her reply in a teasing tone behind me. I ignored her.

 When I got hold of the glass door handle, another person reached it the same time as me on the other side. I tilt my head up to see, it's him. This close, I could see his eyes are a deep blue green and captivating. Tall, my height is to his chest and I'm 157cm. He's giving me a smile which I took a second to realise and snap out from staring him. I return his smile and he pulled the door from his side, letting us walk out first. We gave him a thank you nod and I started speed walking to avoid interrogation from Mia.

 I don't know why, seeing him so close feels strange. My heart started beating fast, I felt like crying and jumping from joy at the same time. It's insane. He's a stranger after all, though I feel I've seen him somewhere before. I was in my own bubble when Mia nudged me, wriggling her eyebrows as in 'something something' way. I groaned and raced to our workplace. Surprisingly, she has been quiet the whole way, but I'm not fooled. She will bring this up.

Author note:

Hi, this is my very first story here on Wattpad, or anywhere really. I'm not really confident, but couldn't resist giving my story writing passion a try. So, go easy on me guys, if the story/grammar sucks.. 

xoxo, Emma