“I don’t know” she said taking the box and setting it into her lap.

“Well I want you to know that you never have to worry about that. Birthday’s, Christmas, Valentine’s day, even Easter” I said giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

She laughed. “Easter?”

“Yeah, of course” I said. “Now let’s start with today” I said with a wink and tapping the box.

She began to slowly unwrap the box and I could feel my hands start to get a little sweaty.

So maybe I was a little nervous.

“Jace” she gasped as her eyes grew wide in shock.

“I know that we just started out, but I want you to know that I am in this thing for the long run. Finding you is the best thing that could have ever happened to me because now… now I’m complete. You’re my other half and there is no me without you. That isn’t a pickup line or some fruity phrase. It’s the truth and I want you to know this. I know you finding out that I was a wolf threw you off a bit but it made me more than happy that you still wanted me. Most people would be scared and horrified but you laughed” I said remembering her and Essence that day in the basement.

Those two were practically in tears from laughter.

“And with all this being said, I really want you to say yes to my offer of you being my girlfriend. I know that I said I could wait as long as you needed but you don’t understand how much it kills me to be around you and hold you and kiss you and know that you are not completely mine. I want you and I want all of you” I said taking her hands into mine.

She looked down at her gift and then back up at me as her eyes began to get a little glossy.

“Please don’t cry beautiful” I said wiping a tear that was rolling down her cheek. “I didn’t want this to make you cry”

She shook her head and started laughing. “I’m sorry Jace. I’m not crying because I’m sad or anything. What you just said made me realize what a complete asshole I am!”

“Asshole? Why would you be an asshole?” I asked not understanding.

She sighed and closed her eyes as she leaned her head back. “I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me Jace”.

I watched as she stood up and ran her hands through her hair.

What the hell was about to happen?

She gave me a sad smile. “You are the most amazing guy that I have ever met. Bumping into you in the hallway has changed my life tremendously and it’s been a good change. Me as a person, I have changed. I’m not all shy and timid and I stuck up to Claire today. I even called her a bitch which shocked the hell out of me” she said pausing.

“Then it comes to you and me being together and it’s like the one thing that I can’t stop being afraid of”.

“Why are you afraid of us being together?” I asked with some hope left in me. Hope that she wouldn’t turn down my offer.

“I’m afraid of being hurt, I’m afraid that one day you’re going to wake up and realize that I’m not the mate or the Luna that you want. I’m afraid of you seeing that me and you being from two different worlds could potentially ruin your pack. Everything about you and the word Luna scares me” she said putting her head down.

“Spencer that is crazy and impossible” I said standing and lifting her chin so that she was looking at me. “I could never do those things to you. I could never wake up and see that you aren’t the one for me because you are! You always will be because you’re my mate and I never want to see myself with anyone else. It sickens me to even think of a life without you” I said trying to get her to understand.

Playing With The Alpha (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara