Daddy, Nightmares!

Being the light sleeper he was, Iwaizumi got out of bed immediately when he heard a thud from the room next door, which was Yachi's room. With his squinted and slightly bloated eyes, he slipped on his cotton T-shirt as he quickly made his way to her room. Opening the door, he found Yachi on the floor, reaching out for her fallen crutches.

"Yachi," He exclaimed worriedly, rushing to kneel by her side.

"D-Daddy..." Yachi looked up to him, surprised by his presence. He held her arms, pulling her up to her bed.

"Are you okay? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" Iwaizumi asked, his concerned dark eyes inspected her for any injuries. Yachi shook her head as he helped her to sit on her bed. She let out a little sniffle, biting her lower lip, glassy eyes looking down at her feet. "Gomenasai..." She apologized quietly, ashamed that she had troubled him.

Picking up her crutches and leaning them against her bed once more (where they usually are), Iwaizumi noticed the look on her face. He lowered himself before her, giving her a gently gaze. "What's wrong?" He asked.

Yachi fiddled with her fingers, unable to look into his eyes. He placed a comforting hand on her hand, giving it an assuring squeeze before smiling at her. "It's alright, you can tell me."

"I had... A bad dream..." Yachi began in a barely audible voice. Iwaizumi realized that a layer of sweat had formed on her forehead and her hands were trembling slightly. "A-About the car crash... There was blood, and I was in pain..." Her voice cracked, the tears she had been trying so hard to hold back rolled down her cheeks.

"Shh..." Iwaizumi cupped her cheeks, wiping the tears with his thumb. He kissed her forehead, pulling her into a comforting embrace. He rubbed her back, resting his chin on her head. "It's alright, Yachi. It's over now. You're safe here with me now, okay?"

She nodded, sniffling as she wiped her tears away. "Daddy?" She asked cautiously, voice still a little shaky. "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

So, that's what she was trying to do... Iwaizumi thought. His lips pulled into a small smile as he pulled away from her. "Ii yo," He nodded. Finally, a smile shone on Yachi's face. She wrapped her arm around him excitedly, making him chuckle. She picked up her crow plushie, hugging it close.

"Ready?" Iwaizumi asked and she nodded in response. "Jaa, ikuso." He said, picking her up in his arms. She rested her head against the crook of his neck, arms and legs wrapped around Iwaizumi as he carried her to his room.

She let out a bubbly giggle as Iwaizumi climbed into bed with her still in his arms, letting out a low quiet grunt. He laid his daughter by his side before pulling the covers over her. He slipped into the covers as well, resting his head against one folded arm while the other laid over Yachi, holding her close.

"Comfy?" He asked, pressing his forehead against hers.

"Un," She nodded. "Will you be the first thing I see when I wake up, Daddy?"

"You bet," He tapped her nose playfully. "And I'll keep you safe from your nightmares, okay?"

"Okay," 

"Good. Now, go to sleep. You have school tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah," She yawned, snuggling closer to him. "Oyasumi, Daddy."

"Oyasumi," He tightened his grips around her, sharing his warmth.