His soft spot.part 3

Start from the beginning

''Hello dear,how can we help you?'',the old woman said with a very friendly smile to her lips.

''Oh um..I was just wondering if you need any worker around here'',I said stuttering at first.I don't know why that happened,I didn't stutter before at all when I was at the other shops.

What's wrong with me,now they'll propably think I'm some sort of useless beggar.

''Oh well,we could use some help around,we have a lot of customers during the day especially and sometimes we really can't make it by ourselves'',the old man said smiling at me.

Wait what..what is he saying?Oh my..tell me what I wanna hear..

''Have you worked in a bakery before sweetheart?'',the man asked me again and thats when I realised,I should put my speech abilities back to work.

''I haven't,no but I'm a very fast learner and I like bakeries very much.I don't have much experience from work,I've worked in a farm and used to work in a clothing store when I came here,but I assure you I'll do my very best here,if you are interested in hiring me'',I said lieing about the time of my work in the clothing store.I had no choice.

''Oh deary,don't worry,you don't need a special degree or any special experience to work in our bakery.We just need your patience and will to work hard.All the rest can come in progress'',the old lady said and her husband nodded at me and I couldn't help but smile back at them.

''What's your name?'',the man asked me.

''My name is Tori Tucker,I'm 20 years old and I study to become a Spanish language teacher,nice to meet you'',I said shaking their hands smiling.

''Young and hard working I see. I'm Thomas Taylor and this is my wife Martha Taylor.You are welcome to start working here when you're ready.Preferably tomorrow morning though.Your payment will be at about 500 to 550$ per month,you will not be working on Sundays since we're closed that day,and you will also have another day of the week off. It might be a Wednesday or a Thursday,we will discuss this later.The latest hour we work,is 8:00 pm. We close strictly by that time and we do not accept anyone if they come any later than that,even a single minute.So what do you think?'',Mr Thomas said.

''I think that I'll be here first thing tomorrow morning,Mr Thomas'',I said not believing in my ears or in my luck for the matter..

''Welcome to the business,Tori'',he said smiling at me. 

After almost half an hour of discussing my working conditions and requirements with Mr Thomas and Mrs Martha,I left the bakery excited and relieved after a long while.

Now I knew what I had to do..I had to make aunt Megan,fire me.

That wasn't going to be hard..all I had to do was drive her to the limits of her bitchiness.

I walked til the 5th street where the shop was and got in,ready for a show.

.........................................................................................................................................

''Hello aunt'',I said as I entered the shop,knowing that she didn't like it when I called her 'aunt' especially inside the shop.

She raised her head from the magazine she was reading and glared at me with her fierce eyes before looking me up and down.