Chapter 2

I want to dedicate this to BAM_FOR3V3R_YOUNG for being the first person to vote!! :)

And thanks everyone else for all their votes!!:)

Here I am keeping my promise with the second chapter...:)

Hope you like it!!:)

Well, on with it!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own any thing other than the changes I made which is not even noticable. :P

***********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

"It means that there's only one love for everyone who exists. And when you meet that love, you know them. You know you were meant to be together, and nothing can keep you apart." 

― L.J. Smith, Night World, No. 2

Eating him or doing something with his teeth. Tearing and sucking. Making noises like Pal did when he ate his dog food.

For a moment Zayn was frozen. The whole world had changed and everything seemed like a dream, then he heard somebody screaming and his throat hurt and he knew it was him.

And then the tall man looked at Zayn.

He lifted his head and looked. And he knew that his face alone was going to give her nightmares forever.

Not that he was ugly. But he had hair red as blood and eyes that shone like gold, like and animals'. There was a light in them that was like nothing he had ever seen.

He ran then. It was wrong to leave Timmy, but he was too scared to stay. He wasn't brave; he was a baby. But he couldn't help it. Zayn was still screaming as he turned around and darted through the flap in the tent.

Almost darted through. His head and shoulders got outside and he saw red plastic tubes rising above him — and then a hand clamped on the back of his t-shirt. A big strong hand that stopped him mid-fight. Zayn was as helpless as a baby kitten against it.

But just as he was dragged back into the tent he saw something. His mother. His mother was coming around the corner of the climbing structure. She'd heard Zayn's screaming.

His mother's eyes were big and her mouth was open and she was moving fast. She was coming to save Zayn.

"Momeeeeeeeeeee!", Zayn screamed, and  then he was back inside the tent. The man threw him to one side the way a kid at preschool would throw piece of crumpled paper. Zayn landed hard and felt a pain in his leg that normally would have made him cry. Now he hardly noticed it. He was staring at Timmy, who was lying on the ground near him.

Timmy looked strange. His body was like a rag doll's— arms and legs flopped out. His skin was white. His eyes were staring straight up at the top of the tent.

There were two bug holes in his throat, with Timmy's blood all around them.

Zayn whimpered. He was too frightened to scream anymore. But just then he saw white daylight, and a figure in front of it. Mommy. Mommy was pulling the tent flap open. Mom was inside, looking around for Zayn.

That was when the worst thing happened. The worst and the strangest, the thing the police never believed when Zayn told them later.

Zayn saw his mother's mouth open, saw his mother looking at him, about to say something. And then he heard a voice— but it wasn't mommy's voice.

And it wasn't out-loud voice. It was inside his head.

Wait! There is nothing wrong here. But you need to stand very, very still.