“So stubborn” She purred, her plumb lips drifting up in a sinful smirk. If she wasn’t the one causing me so much pain I would have thought she was beyond sexy but I just grimaced in disgust at her.

In a blink her hand was wrapped back around my neck again and the last think I remember was my eyes rolling in the back of my head before the familiar and reassuring blackness took me.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

~Levi~

Kyle’s body jerked against me so I stopped dead in my tracks hoping he was waking up but when I didn’t feel him move anymore after that so I sighed and continued behind Cyrus.

“How long till we get there?” I asked suddenly starving. I remembered I hadn’t had anything for a two or three days.

Cyrus glanced back at me,

“We’ll from the pace we’re going I would say in a few hours maybe more.” he told me turning forward again. I closed my eyes as my stomach tightened in hunger.

As we trudged through the forest I adjusted Kyle’s weight comfortably on my back when I felt something cold touch my nose. Snapping my gaze up, I spotted white specks falling from the graying sky. When the white specks began falling harder I understood what was happening.

It was snowing.

Ugh, I would be all for snow in any other situation but not this particular one.

 An hour later we took a stop to rest for food and water. I set Kyle up against a tree and sat next to him resting my aching feet from carrying him so long, I was defiantly out of shape. I glanced up as Cyrus pushed Nadia down on a log. Her leather creaked as she moved in a more comfortable position. She was still blindfolded so I just stared at her rather rudely but curiously.

Lakota came to lay by my side his eyes still focused on the woman. I frowned down at him for a moment wondering if he could sense the danger in the woman to make him instantly hate her from the get go. Cyrus put a wrapped sandwich in my face suddenly.

“Here” I took it grateful since I hadn’t had anything to eat in so long. I tore the crust off and threw the scraps to the pup who gobbled them up like a vacuum. The snow was still falling softly but it was starting to seep into my bones. My gaze was once again drawn up towards the woman.

I needed to distract myself for a while so I decided to step into uncharted territory with the being I never knew existed.

“So, Nadia tell me, what makes you so evil?” I asked. Cyrus looked behind his shoulder at me with an amused frown and I shrugged meeting his gaze.

I seen the smirk lift on her lips.

“I see Cyrus has told you about me” her voice was like a permanent purr that did things to my body I felt disgust by.

“Yeah and I’m having trouble understanding how the hell you can live your life style. What you do to people is disgusting and horrible.” I kept getting visions of the dream I had of Kyle as he was whipped and tortured by the woman in black leather, similar to Nadia’s.

“Well like any other species really, we just go with our instincts.” She shrugged and I growled.

“Were you this sick as a child?” my growl caused Lakota to as well and I placed my hand on his head as I tried to stop the images of Kyle, it’s not like he really went through what is saw; I have an over active imagination, yeah that’s it.