ONE SMALL THING - A Dramione Fanfiction: Chapter 2

Sooo, my faithful, fellow Dramioners, the first chap of this story started of a bit slow, mostly because I wanted to explore the inside of Draco's head (I'm just that sadistic), but the following chapters will have a little bit more action inside.

In this one, we get to see Hermione again. And she's definitely not happy.

All I have to say on this matter is: poor Rita Skeeter....tee-hee!

Disclaimer: I don't own the rights to Harry Potter, the floor-plans to Hogwarts or even one of Dobby's socks. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills.....

Haha.

ONE SMALL THING - Chapter 2. *SILENCE*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                _*__*_ *

"Even the largest avalanche is triggered by small things." - Vernor Vinge*

                                                               _*_*_*_ *

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.*

                                                                 _*__*_

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 HERMIONE'S POV

They where standing in the Burrow's cramped kitchen, where an overly flirtatious Rita Skeeter was pouting her lips in what she apparently thought was a sexy way.

The current object of her affections was a very flustered Bill Weasly. He blushed furiously and made as if to run, but the woman put her ruby-red claws seductively on his arm and held on.

Hermione flinched.

Where was Fleur? She'd hex this witch right out of her high-heeled shoes.

"Oh, darling Bill, do tell us again, RIGHT from the start now, dear...", she cooed as her nails traveled back down his arm to his hand and squeezed.

"Tell us about that last Battle of...what was it called...ahh, yes!! Of Hogwarts!!"

Rita Skeeter squealed in anticipation, and Hermione felt her blood start to boil.

She was sick of these people.

Ever since the last Wizarding War, all Hermione wanted was a nice day of rest, with her friends passed out in various corners of the Burrow, and a good book to settle down with.

But no.

First it was the Order. All business and congratulations, of course.

Then the Ministry who were asking all sorts of questions about the Malfoy's, Blacks, Lestrange's and other Death Eaters for the trial.