Chapter 2: Unwise and Unanimous

Today we choose the theme of the prom. We are deciding between: "Night to Remember", "Under the Sea", "Monte Carlo",  and "Walk Like an Egyptian" , of course the last one Vanessa put in so she can be an empress. I walk to the auditorium to cast my vote. I chose "Night to Remember ". I turn to leave the voting room and bump into a wall. No, its not a wall, its a person.
"Sorry, my bad," I said, stepping to the side.
"No Sunshine, I should watch where I'm going," he said as I looked into his deep blue eyes, "hey, I'm new here and don't know many people, you maybe wanna go to prom with me?"
Holy smokes. Did he just ask me to prom?
"Y-yeah. Of course. I'd love too-" I said as I realized I didn't know his name.
"Caleb. And your name is?" I also just realized that he never calls me anything but Sunshine.
"Haylie. Nice to meet you," I said.
"To repay you for the hat," he said as he took off his leather jacket, pulling his tee over his head, revealing a white shirt underneath, and then putting his jacket back on.
"Thanks," I said. I turned to walk out when I felt him behind me.

"Alright students! The theme for your prom is... A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!" The principal said.
I almost jumped for joy. That was the theme I wanted.
Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder.
"So you're going with Caleb? That's very unwise of you to ask him," Vanessa spewed.
"You know for some one that's supposed to hate me, you talk to me a lot," I said. 
"Well, gotta go! See you 'Nessa!" I said, using the nickname I had given to her in 3rd grade. I turned and skipped out of the auditorium before bumping into a hard chest. Caleb. I forgot he was there.
"My bad," I said for the second time today, not bothering to look up.
"Hold it there Sunshine, we need to go prom shopping," Caleb said. As if calling me Sunshine wasn't enough to tell me who it was, he smelled like flowers, the manly kind, if that makes since.
"After school?" I asked
"Ya. Meet me out front when the bell rings, " he said.
"Sounds like a good idea, " I said.
I walked away to go to my lunch room. I sat down and pulled out my lunch box.