Romance And Tofu Flash Fiction

I looked at Kevin and regretted how much of an effect he had on me. It had gotten me into this crazy situation. Why had I lied and said I was a vegetarian just because he was one? I took a bite of the tofu and tried my best not to freak out.

I couldn’t wait to get to my favorite Thai place. I was really looking forward to their tofu pad thai. I was totally craving it. That’s why I didn’t notice when I ran smack into the really cute guy walking past me. Oops.

Tofu was the topic of our lunch conversation and neither of us were vegetarians. Sometimes my friend Tristan really drove me insane. It’s like he enjoyed riling me up and getting me on edge. He even had on that devilish look that he got when he was having a great time tormenting me. Was it me or did he suddenly look kind of cute?

Day one of being vegetarian was going swimmingly. I was totally great with tofu, I loved vegetables, and life was a happy, healthier place. That is until my boss announced that we were going to work through lunch and they brought in a selection of gorgeous meats. I frowned and that’s when the cute guy in the cubicle next to me said, “Didn’t they get anything vegetarian?” Bonding moment.

It was the sensation of tofu in my mouth that freaked me out. The weird squishy-ness of it, like it was a cheese or something, but not. I tried to chew it politely. I was at my best friend’s vegetarian dinner and it was only polite. I would have bailed entirely, but her super hot guy friend was there and she promised to sit him next to me. Tofu, it is! 

Thus ends ROMANCE & TOFU Flash Fiction by Milda Harris. To read more by Milda Harris check out "Adventures in Funeral Crashing" a 54,539 word YA Murder Mystery Chick Lit Novel with 20% of the novel free now at this link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/67139

"Adventures in Funeral Crashing": Sixteen year old Kait Lenox has a reputation as the weird girl in her high school and maybe it has a little to do with the fact that Kait has a hobby crashing funerals. At one of these, Kait is outted by the most popular guy in school, Ethan Ripley. Yet, instead of humiliating her, Ethan asks for her help, and Kait finds herself in full on crush, as well as entangled in a murder mystery.

Also available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Itunes, etc.

And, DON'T MISS Milda Harris' other books: "The New Girl Who Found A Dead Body" and "Connected" available now.

"The New Girl Who Found A Dead Body": Chloe is excited about spending her senior year of high school in California with her friend Jake's family. Even the usual dread of being the new girl can't bring her down. That is, until she stumbles across the dead body of the most popular girl in school, Lora Kelly. Now she's receiving threatening notes...will she be next? Suddenly, Chloe's dream life, has turned into a nightmare!

"Connected": Drew's only memory of his life is the moment of his death. Leaving his life and memories behind, Drew thinks that he is on his way to heaven as he follows the pull of fate. Instead, he finds himself witnessing the birth of a baby girl, Aurora. He immediately feels a strong connection to her. Thus, Drew becomes an invisible observer of her world as a ghost and Aurora becomes haunted by him.