9

Emily's P.O.V

"Let's just make sure you don't remember this, babe." Kyle said, redressing himself.

I just laid there, feeling helpless and like the most disgusting thing on earth. This man. My ex boyfriend, raped me. Raped. Me. Shock fell over my body, causing me to feel completely numb, also making the tears stop.

Once he was redressed, he checked his reflection in the mirror, before coming back over to me. He crouched down beside me.

"You never should've left."

And then I felt a sharp pain on my left temple, then darkness. Complete and utter darkness.

********

I woke up to an obnoxious beeping sound. My eyes opened slowly, to a mostly white room. I was hooked up to wires, and I had a killer head ache. I reached up to touch my head, but a soft fabric was wrapped around it.

After minutes of thinking, I realized I was in a hospital, I had no idea what for, but I was. Minutes later, a man in a white coat walked in. I guessed he was my doctor.

"Miss Vega, how are you feeling?" He spoke softly.

"If I'm being honest, like shit." I answered truthfully.

He laughed a bit. "You have a minor concussion, but other than that, you're good. You'll probably have a headache for a few days, but I'll get you some pain killers for that."

I nodded. "What happened?"

"Miss Vega, you were raped, and beaten unconscious." He explained.

My mouth fell open, as all of the horrible memories flooded back of Kyle. Tears formed in my eyes, and I let them fall freely.

"Did you catch him?" I asked, now more angry than upset.

"No, Miss Vega. You weren't awake so we had no idea who had done it." He said, sitting by my bedside.

"His name is Kyle. Kyle Johnson, he's 18 now I think, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He's about 6 feet tall." I explained. "Find him."

The doctor gave me a weak smile, and walked out.

*********

2 days later I was released. The story, well, my story, was all over the news. The girl who got raped in a mall bathroom by her ex. My body was still in shock. Every time I closed my eye I could see him. I didn't sleep or eat, I didn't leave the house because I was so afraid of what was behind me.

Ever since that day, I get texts and calls from people who never knew I existed before this, like people from school, or family members who don't talk to me.

The only thing I've been worrying about though, is the boys seeing this. I don't want to be pitied by them, I hate being pitied by anyone. It makes me feel pathetic.

I was sitting in the living room watching reruns of the Kardashians, when Luke started to call. I rolled my eyes, but answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god, Emily, are you okay?" He asked, panicked.

"Yes, you're about the 500th person to ask. I'm okay." I responded.

"Good. But I did want to talk to you anyway, I just haven't had the nerve to actually call until now." He explained.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"Em, I'm so sorry. I was a complete dick, and you didn't deserve it." He sighed.

"Thank you, and I forgive you. I was a bitch too, so I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Em, I'm just glad we're good now," he laughed.

We talked for hours on end, catching up on everything, and it was nice. Things were finally getting back to the way they were.

"So hey, I gotta go, but I'll text you later?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure, but Lukey." I smiled.

"Bye Em," he laughed.

I was getting to be extremely tired, even though I knew I couldn't sleep, I felt a huge weight be lifted off my shoulders. I felt a little more relaxed. I laid down on my bed, and finally slept.

When I woke up, it was still dark outside, so I got close to zero sleep. I walked into my bathroom, and looked at myself and the mirror and smiled. The first time I've smiled since it happened. It felt good.

**********
IMPORTANT

Sorry for the shitty and short chapter. But next chapter will be way better and more interesting! Big things coming up.

If you like this chapter vote, comment, and share! Love you guys! -Kay

(Also changed the name of the story, so comment if I should keep it or change it back!!)