Chapter 7 - Snow War

First of all, I would like to apologize for the super long delay in updating this story. I was on a long hiatus and I am now happy to say that I am back on for good! :D Pls do share your thoughts below. Happy reading! :)

The cold air was filled with our screeching as we threw snow balls at each other. I had managed to build a pretty good fortress. Now, all I needed was the target. But he was nowhere to be seen! I scanned the area, looking for signs of him when suddenly, snow was poured down on me heavily. I looked up and saw none other than my enemy, Alex, smirking at me and emptying the remaining snow from a bucket he miraculously found.

“YOU!” Thinking quick, I grabbed the bucket from him and scooped in some snow and ran as fast as I could in the snow.

“Nah nah nah nah poo poo! Come and get me slowpoke!” He laughingly said as he ran to bridge that was built over the pond.

That's it. No one calls me a slowpoke. I even beat Nick in Cross Country two years ago! I ran to the bridge nearly catching up with him when I slipped and down in the snow I went. I let out a little shriek and clutched my ankle. In an instant, he was beside me, his face full of worry. As he bent down to check my ankle, I took this opportunity to dump the snow on him. His face was priceless! It went from disbelief, to dumbfounded, to awe and finally going back to disbelief again. I was literally rolling on the ground from laughter. Yup. Never call me a slowpoke.

“You conniving little lady! Impressive acting skills. Ever considered acting?” He playfully said pushing me back in the snow.

“Why thank you gullible sir. Haha that was a spur of the moment plan. I didn't purposely slip. I guess the heaven's were on my side.” I playfully punched his arm and giggled. WHOA. Hold on a secong. I DID WHAT?! No way. What am I turning into? I, Narsha Anderson, do not giggle. Ever. Be it girls or guys. Am I sick???